Adding SMB Share: Operation Timeout
I have a 2010 Macbook w/ a 320M running Mavericks with the newest XBMC intsalled. I can't add my windows network shares that reside on my server via Add Network Shares and SMB

Either 192.168.1.XXX\Sharename or Servername\Sharename produce a Operation Timeout. What am I doing wrong, or should I be adding the share some other way?

EDIT: I should note, I can browse to the locations using "Connect To Server" in OSX and play all the movies files. It's only XBMC that is having troubles connecting to the shares.

Thanks!
I've been having the same problem. Have you tried mounting the share on you computer and then adding to xbmc as a volume? This is not a great solution since you will have to insure that the share is always mounted but it's the only work around I could find.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
it is smb://<username>:<password>@<ip>/<share> ... your url format is wrong.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-28, 01:59)wgstarks Wrote: I've been having the same problem. Have you tried mounting the share on you computer and then adding to xbmc as a volume? This is not a great solution since you will have to insure that the share is always mounted but it's the only work around I could find.

This works! It's not a permanent solution but I could at least test to see how the Macbook handled video.

(2014-01-28, 14:14)Memphiz Wrote: it is smb://<username>:<password>@<ip>/<share> ... your url format is wrong.

This is the location where i'm entering in the information:

I got mine working using the "Add network location". Protocol=SMB, Server name=IP of server (10.0.1.8 for me), Shared folder=root folder (this is what I used but I'm sure you could put a more complete path if you wanted), enter username and password if necessary for the server mine isn't secured, click ok and this location should get added to the list of available locations shown below after a short time.

ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding SMB Share: Operation Timeout0