WIP Unnamed Metro Xperience
I have done a customisation of Xperience1080 to more closely resemble Windows 8 Metro / Xbox One whilst keeping a minimalist design and sticking to media only functions. Currently the home screens are all done, as is an info list view. I'm working on doing the player controls and dialogs now.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to do a fully fleshed out skin with full customisation and views outside of my own needs. So if anyone is interested in continuing the project, or using it as is, I will be posting the final version in a couple of weeks.

watch gallery
it looks really good cant wait for it Big Grin
Looks great, I was just looking at the xperience 1080 skin & the xbox one wip threads thinking someone should combine these skins! Cannot wait for a beta to install on my xbmc units!
yes, I was hoping that someone combine these two skin too!
so far it looks great!
very nice work!
I realized that you have no much time for this but I was wondering with all the space you get with your remake is it possible to add customize tile to every section?
You got space in the upper screen above the fanart in movies and tv show section so ...
And what about applications ? did you mod it too?
Anyway just do what you need! It's just some suggestion nothin more, the skin would appear much more balanced with the empty space filled.
again great work and thanks for sharing!
cheers
Tile customisation will definitely be in the final build. Currently all the code is still there from Xperience1080, I just commented out while prototyping different layouts
Applications are still there as well, its just a row of tiles, that are customisable with a similar layout to the settings page.

Currently the gaps on the home screen are weather, music and live tv / pvr. Weather and music will be styled, but I'm not familiar with live tv / pvr functionality, and won't be able to skin it. My focus at the moment though is getting the end to end working cleanly and consistently on all video. It's my first time skinning and I only did this over the weekend, so obviously there is a bunch of things that still need doing. But I thought I'd post to see if there was any interest in fleshing it out a bit more. Some people are doing amazing work with replicating the Xbox One and Windows 8 experiences, but I have found most of them to be overkill on the home screens or not showing information in a way that I'd like.
Very interesting i like it except the ugly xbox green color Smile
This is really interesting. Exactly what I would be hoping for. Been thinking of suggesting something like this on the xperience1080 thread. Keep up the good work! Will it work fully with Gotham also..?
any news?
Can't wait to test this skin!!
cheers
this metro skin i like and that says something.
any progress?
Very much liking this, clean and to the point. If you provide the files I'd like to see what I can do - might not be much but would be a good learning experience.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
This is looking really nice, hope it hasn't been put on hold.
any news? I d like to see more !!
great stuff so far!
cheers
still working on the skin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unnamed Metro Xperience5