<playcountminimumtime> for external player doesn't work
Found where the bug lies.

With <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> XBMC does not correctly pick up the time that MPC-HC was played for, with it set to false it seems to work (been using false for the past day and it's working).
Scratch my last post, that didn't end up working, but I've found the root of this bug. Lets say I have my playercorefactory.xml set to mark as watched after 20 minutes. At the beginning this works fine. I can play any video I want and it doesn't get marked as watched until MPC-HC has been open for more than 20 minutes. However, once a video gets marked as watched, any subsequent video you play will get marked as watched no matter what. You can end it after a couple of seconds and it will still be marked as watched. So, in the end, it seems this setting only works on first run, and is broken once any single video gets marked as watched.
Just stop using external players. There is no need. Problem solved.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
fix incoming - will post a testbuild for you in a couple of hours.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-06, 15:30)nickr Wrote: Just stop using external players. There is no need. Problem solved.
And give up madVR? Ya right!

(2014-10-06, 16:28)Memphiz Wrote: fix incoming - will post a testbuild for you in a couple of hours.
Great!
@StinDaWg - please try this test version and report back (this is latest master code - so backup your XBMC userdata folder in case you are having Gotham in a productive environment):

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...edmark.exe
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-07, 09:24)Memphiz Wrote: @StinDaWg - please try this test version and report back (this is latest master code - so backup your XBMC userdata folder in case you are having Gotham in a productive environment):

I will give it a try tomorrow and report back.
Just did a quick test and it seems to work properly now. What was broken in the code?
Unfortunately after further testing the problem still persists. Once a video gets marked as watched every subsequent video gets marked as watched no matter how long it's played.
Mhhh What made you think that it worked in the first place then? Maybe i didn't see a corner case. The problem is that the played time was not reset - so after 100% was reached once it always reported 100% for new movies too.

See:

https://github.com/Memphiz/xbmc/commit/f...c26b8618ea
(2014-10-08, 15:38)Memphiz Wrote: Mhhh What made you think that it worked in the first place then?

I don't know, maybe because it says in the wiki it does? If it never worked, why would the feature be in there?

Are you saying it can be fixed or not? Because the test build doesn't fix it.

Edit: you mean why I think the fixed worked? Well I was just testing it to see if it marked as watched after a few minutes. I hadn't played a video for 20 minutes yet but once I did everything was marked as watched. I should have waited to post but I jumped the gun.
I ment the latter yeah - please try this test build next:

I changed play count time to 60 seconds so I could do a quick test. Seems OK. I'll change it back to 20 minutes and use it as I normally do for a day or 2 and let you know if it's still good.
I think you can go ahead and merge this into main. No issues.
Follow the white rabbit here - might be merged in a couple of days (our servers are moved physically which influences testbuilding and might delay the merge of pull requests until the servers are up and running again on the destination location).

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5498

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<playcountminimumtime> for external player doesn't work0