OS X [SOLVED] mkv crash on xbmc 13 nighly
When trying to play an mkv anime file with an xbmc 13 nightly from the 18th to the 24 of february, i get an instant crash

log file
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=118316

running xbmc gotham 20140118 nightly on a mac mini 2011 with 8 GB on OSX 10.8.5 optical out to receiver

Is it something worth investigating ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Assuming you literally mean a crash .. I am reasonably sure that XBMC starts a new log file when it is started (anytime including after a crash)

The devs would need a crashdump ..

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Mac...r_and_logs

(Btw - the debug log is huge due to update on startup and recently added videeos - best to turn features like these and weather etc off when generating a debug log)

Cheers
I made some progress, it definitely is audio related. If i disable passthrough the file plays with no problems. If i enable passthrough again xvmc just stops without a osx chrash log.

Since i never experienced this i assume its somehow related to the osx audio engine. It not a problem, ill disable passthrough and watch the file.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
post the full crashreporter to pastebin.com and put the link in here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

The situation is solved when i change the speaker configuration to 2.1 (i had it set to 2.0) with passthrough enabled.

so the chrash occurs with
speaker configuration 2.0
passthrough enabled
ac3 capable enabled
dts capable enabled

chrashlog mkv file

it is solved by disabling passthrough
speaker configuration 2.0
passthrough disabled

or it is solved by changing the speaker configuration
speaker configuration 2.1
passthrough enabled
ac3 capable enabled
dts capable enabled
What is your setup in osx audio-midi-setup (in osx applications->utilities)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-01-30, 22:37)Memphiz Wrote: What is your setup in osx audio-midi-setup (in osx applications->utilities)

its set at :

line out at 44100 Kz, 2 channel, 24 bits

is that okay ?
Yes it is
This issue has been fixed with the new OSX audio engine.

I am now running the OSX 64bit nightly from 230214. I did some testing with the audio engine stereo, dolby digital and DTS al seems okay, i am using it with optical out to receiver on a mac mini 2011 OSX 10.8.5

Great work guys
Thx for the feedback Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] mkv crash on xbmc 13 nighly1