IPTV Configuration in Git Version 3.9.373~g55c2bbb
Hi,

i am currently trying to configure my tvheadend server to use the rtsp streams of my newly purchased iptv server thingy (http://www.gss.de/gssbox/produkt/beschreibung/).

As far as i know a previous version (maybe something like 1.x, yeah i am a long time user Wink ) supported iptv channels (back in the time i used udp strems provided by me isp).

Now i can't find where i am able to configure the iptv channels.

Could please someone point me how to configure iptv streams? I am not interested in using the simpletv pvr addon within xbmc, since it doesn't have features like timeshift or recording support.

Thank you in advance.

And thank adam for the great continued work on tvheadend! So far i always used the git builds and hadn't any instabilitys in the last years.

Best regards

regnets
Hello!

I have HTS Tvheadend 3.4.27~gfbda802~quantal installed but as noone answered so far and as I think not too much changes happened in-between ... I have the following settings for IPTV:

Configuration - DVB Inputs - IPTV
Then (and this is a copy of the built in Help function with my additions):

Quote:Tvheadend support receiving streams from compatible IPTV services. Currently the only compatible services are those that broadcast using MPEGTS over multicast UDP.
The services are listed / edited in a grid.
To edit a cell, double click on it. After a cell is changed it will flags one of its corner to red to indicated that it has been changed. To commit these changes back to Tvheadend press the 'Save changes' button. In order to change a Checkbox cell you only have to click once in it.
To add a new entry, press the 'Add entry' button. The new (empty) entry will be created on the server but will not be in its enabled state. You can now change all the cells to the desired values, check the 'enable' box and then press 'Save changes' to activate the new entry.
To delete one or more entries, select the lines (by clicking once on them), and press the 'Delete selected' button. A pop up will ask you to confirm your request.

The columns have the following functions:
Enabled
If selected, the IPTV service will be enabled an use for channel subscriptions.
/krijeck: is enabled by all my channels

Channel name
Select the channel this service will be mapped to.
/krijeck: see below

Interface
The ethernet interface to receive data on.
/krijeck: eth0 in my case

Group
The multicast group to register with to receive data.
/krijeck: here I have entered the IP address of the IPTV channel

UDP Port
Server UDP port
/krijeck: port of the channel

in Configuration - Channel/EPG - Channels
you have to enter your channel names in advance so you can map them then to the service specified above.

For EPG I followed that post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1435990 and that works like charm!

hope that helps and works for your version of TVH.
/krijeck
rebuilding ....
Ok, than i think i know whats wrong Big Grin.

I don't have the IPTV Tab.

That is really strange. I cloned the git respository and compiled the whole project.

Attached is a screenshot from my Web Configurator.

Best regards

regnets

The UI in the newest version has changed somewhat. IIRC you now configure IPTV as a "network".
(2014-02-01, 16:14)negge Wrote: The UI in the newest version has changed somewhat. IIRC you now configure IPTV as a "network".

Ah, I was thinking something like that. One question to that - is it possible to copy paste the old config from my TVHeadend version to the newer one?
Actually it was really a lot of work to do. But I am afraid of upgrading. Wink

@ regnets: the rest of my post should apply also to the newer version. Blush

/krijeck
rebuilding ....
The configurtion won't work out of the box, but there's a migration script in the repository that should do all the hard work. I haven't tried master myself so I have no personal experience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Configuration in Git Version 3.9.373~g55c2bbb0