Will Library seperate files overwrite nfo?
Hi,

I wanted to ask some questions first before I messed up my files.... ;-)

So I read that exporting my Library in SEPARATE file format is better than SINGLE file format because of speed and some link issues in the SINGLE format.

So my questions are ->

1) What exact files are created when exporting a separate library?
2) Are the files placed in each and every directory which I have a video file?
3) If I have some custom nfo files in my video directory, will any of them be overwritten?

Thanks.
1) movie.nfo for each movie. tvshow.nfo for each tv show. Also one for each episode of each season.
2) Pretty much.
3) It will ask if you want to overwrite existing nfos. For you, select no.
Thanks!

As for question number 3.... Will the nfo file xbmc generates be more complete then the one I created?

For example, My custom movie.nfo and/or tvepisode.nfo file contains just the basic ->

<title>The Matrix Dezionized</title>
<sorttitle>The Matrix Dezionized</sorttitle>
<set>The Matrix Collection</set>

And then I added fanart through the xbmc "browse for file on my computer" interface.

1) Would the new generated nfo contain the same info, plus also have more info like <codec>, <audio>, <aspect>, etc?
2) As well as have a new path to the image I uploaded? And would it store the image in a new location?

3) If so, then wouldn't it be better to generate a new nfo and replace the one I created?

Thanks again.
1) assuming you scanned your NFO files in, then yes, it should be the same basic info + more
2) hmm, no idea, actually. I guess it depends on how you downloaded/selected the new image.
3) yep.
Cool! Thanks!

I'll give it a try :-)
Actually, just one more question....

Would this be the best way to move my database (Library) from one device to another?

For example ->

I have all my videos on an external usb portable hd and scanned in to my xbmc library on my PC.
Then, I would export the library to separate files (on my external hd)
And then plug the hd to an Android TV box that was running a new version of xbmc.

Would that work?
Would I need to "import" my Library from the video settings on my android box?
Or would I just scan for new content on my hd - and then nfo files would automatically update my new library?

Thanks.
With separate files you just do a normal scan, so it would work great for another device. Just set it up as if it was going to scan those sources for the first time. XBMC automatically looks for NFO files whenever it scans something in.
Awesome! - Best news ever!

Thanks! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will Library seperate files overwrite nfo?0