G-Force vis-plugin porting to XBMC, need help plz
i just registered on the forum to thank you for the great job on porting g-force to xmbc, it looks really amazing!
why do you leave the default res on 320x288? i'm running 720x576 here on my pal 16:9 and it plays super-smooth :-)

thanks again!
it's @ that resolution because when it was added to cvs it wasn't as fluent in 720x576. (perhaps 10fps)

yesterday a bug was solved which doubled the speed.
i dont think it runs in full speed at this high resolution either, i estimate ~20fps, smooth would be 25 or 30 fps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

strange thing is: 640x480 is not smooth at all
but 720x576 is very smooth
is there a way to see the fps?
not yet, but i believe questor is working on that <hint, hint>
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

how are you guys changing the resolution from 320x288 to 720x576 ?
the vis'es .xml file

remember though that some audio codecs take much more cpu time than others to decode so it's good to keep default resolution low Image
fps-display is in work Smile

and i want to optimize the plugin, but don't know how fast i can get the little thingy. startup is very slow because the compilation of the script is not very optimised and reserves many small memoryblocks. a memorypool should speed it up.... when i have some time...
(gamester17 @ april 15 2004,10:59 Wrote:remember though that some audio codecs take much more cpu time than others to decode so it's good to keep default resolution low Image
also if you have hq resampling on that sucks quite a bit of cpu.

maybe rather than having questor add framerate to g-force, it should be added to xbmc itself, that way all vis's could benefit from it. a bool could just be added to vis_info struct:

struct vis_info
{
            bool bwantsfreq;
            int isyncdelay;
            bool bdisplayframerate;
};

that way vis's themselves could still determine whether it was being shown (probably from setting in xml), but all vis maker's wouldn't have to duplicate this code.

(i'm cross posting this in the visualization plug-in interface forum)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
G-Force vis-plugin porting to XBMC, need help plz0