Release Frodo - Gotham?
HuhExcuse my ignorance guys, esp. if you've answered this elsewhere, but what is the difference between 'Frodo' and 'Gotham'? Are they for different platforms? will Gotham run on an ATV2?
Keep up the tremendous work you guys. you are revolutionizing the way we watch entertainment!!!!Rofl
New version, same application, same broad platform support.
Thanks Prof. So all the add-ons will run on Gotham too?
When updated, as and if required, E&OE, etc. - this is a major version change, so there will be things like API changes (e.g. http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-note-to-a...evelopers/). It's up to the add-on developer to update or risk breakage.
They are simply codenames for different versions of XBMC.

XBMC 12, a.k.a. under the codename 'Frodo', is the latest stable version of XBMC.
The current version is 12.3, which is 12.0 plus loads of fixes that were backported from 13.0 development

XBMC 13, a.k.a. under the codename 'Gotham', is the upcoming new version of XBMC which is currently in development, and has not yet been released as a final version.
There were monthly alpha versions done up until recently when we went into feature freeze. This means no new features will be added, and only bugs fixed until we are ready to release a beta, release candidate and final. It also means that the nightly builds should get more stable every day.
A list of important new features and functionality in Gotham can be found on the wiki under XBMC_v13_(Gotham)_changelog (wiki)
Addons:
There are fewer API changes between 12 and 13 then there were between 11 and 12. This means that many/most of the 12.x addons actually work under 13.x
Currently the 13.0 releases use both the frodo addons repo and the gotham addon repo. Addons which only work in gotham should be in the gotham repo. Addons which work in both can have updates in the Frodo repo, or have seperate versions (one in frodo and one in gotham).
Im pretty sure this is on faq, if it isnt it should be Wink
(2014-01-29, 13:37)peatpee Wrote: Thanks Prof. So all the add-ons will run on Gotham too?

i have only used gotham but loads of addons are saying incompatible dependencies not met. i wonder if switching to frodo will change this

does anyone know?

also xbmc is the bomb i cant believe i am just finding out about this. laptop by every tv, fuck cable. i am calling to remove cable next week when i call to cancel my land line telephone. cellular and xbmc. the wave of the future!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - Gotham?0