Cannot enable airplay on xbmc
Hello guys, i have problem with airplay on apple tv 2.

I have enabled airplay on settings on xbmc but when i try to let work airplay on xbmc and for example want to use my airplay speakers i dont see anything to use airplay for example if i want to see a video with audio, please help if anyone can advise. I dont have any problem if i dont use with xbmc but with native atv.

Thanks
one is not enough?
xbmc is an airplayreceiver - not an airplay sender...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks Memphiz for reply, i thought xbmc could work same as work for example youtube native of the apple tv, so nothing cant be done?

Amet i dont know what you mean about one is not enough?? thanks
you can only set the speakers as airplay target in the atv2 settings ... this would route all audio to the speakers and should also work when xbmc is run. But thats all and is a plain feature of the ATV2 - not XBMC.

XBMC is ment to work the other way around. E.X. stream youtube or music or pictures from your iphone to xbmc. (and i think it also clearly states this in the settings description...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
thanks Memphiz for explanation, so would i wait for a future update maybe to let work one day my airplay speakers with xbmc?

thanks
No, the ATV2 ios does not have this function and it will probably not be added to XBMC

P.s. Feel free to do it yoursef thou Wink

Edit: Apperently I am a bit quick to claim stuff Wink Pay no attention to this Wink
eliah but it has no? IMO you can set the output in ATV2 (as of ios5 or ios6) to airtunes speakers. Or am i totally wrong?
Ok, I might have been a bit short here. Does the atv2 really have the ability to output the sound to airtunes? Cool!
Guys im lost, so could be done or not at all to have this function? As Eliah sayd : feel free to do it yourself...Menphiz reply: you can set the output in atv2 to airtunes speakers...so is there or not a way guys? Please...many thanks
Set your output in the atv2 settings to airplay - this should get picked up by XBMC then too.
Hi Memphiz, thank you for quick reply, i will try as soon as i get back home in march but if i remenber i did that, anyway i will confirm you, thanks
Hello Memphiz, i have set my atv2 native to airplay but xbmc doesent see my airplay speakers so no sound from them. Please anything can be done?

Thanks
nope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot enable airplay on xbmc0