XBMC settings for soundbar
Hi, i have a vizio soundbar 5.1 with rear speakers connected to my tv, i was wondering if there are any settings within xbmc i can change to optimize my sound?
You can enable the dolby digital and dts capable receiver settings and switch it to 5.1. I have the same one. I'll look at my settings when I get home. But that is the main thing.
(2014-01-29, 17:31)verismo Wrote: Hi, i have a vizio soundbar 5.1 with rear speakers connected to my tv, i was wondering if there are any settings within xbmc i can change to optimize my sound?
How are you connecting it to HTPC and TV?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i only have the soundbar connected to the tv & and ty tommy
(2014-01-29, 19:02)verismo Wrote: i only have the soundbar
Since your soundbar can decode 5.1, why not connecting HTPC directly to your soundbar. You'll get the best sound this way. Connecting it to TV might not give you the best 5.1 sounds, because most TV can only passthrough 2.0 signal.....
@Verisimo,
Don't forget: you need either your HTPC (or source to be DTS capable). If you only have analog outputs, no DTS capable receiver is gonna change that...
(2014-01-29, 19:36)bluray Wrote:
Since your soundbar can decode 5.1, why not connecting HTPC directly to your soundbar. You'll get the best sound this way. Connecting it to TV might not give you the best 5.1 sounds, because most TV can only passthrough 2.0 signal.....

no way to connect soundbar to htpc, only optical/coax

in system/audio, it was on 2.0, changed it to 5.1 and changed connection method to optical.
(2014-01-29, 20:42)verismo Wrote:

You needs this- Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II USB Analog & Digital Audio Adapter ...

in system/audio, it was on 2.0, changed it to 5.1 and changed connection method to optical.

My Vizio has an Optical IN, I just checked. Why not try: HDMI out from HTPC to HDMI in to TV/HD Display...then OPTICAL out from TV/HD Display to OPTICAL in to Sound bar...?
(2014-01-29, 22:07)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 19:36)bluray Wrote: Since your soundbar can decode 5.1, why not connecting HTPC directly to your soundbar. You'll get the best sound this way. Connecting it to TV might not give you the best 5.1 sounds, because most TV can only passthrough 2.0 signal.....

My Vizio has an Optical IN, I just checked. Why not try: HDMI out from HTPC to HDMI in to TV/HD Display...then OPTICAL out from TV/HD Display to OPTICAL in to Sound bar...?
His soundbar have optical in too, but his HTPC don't have optical output. His TV might output only 2.0, which will not be good for 5.1 soundbar...
(2014-01-29, 22:15)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 22:07)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 20:42)verismo Wrote: no way to connect soundbar to htpc, only optical/coax

in system/audio, it was on 2.0, changed it to 5.1 and changed connection method to optical. Why not try: HDMI out from HTPC to HDMI in to TV/HD Display...then OPTICAL out from TV/HD Display to OPTICAL in to Sound bar...?

My Vizio has an Optical IN, I think...
His soundbar have optical in too, but his HTPC don't have optical output. His TV might output only 2.0, which will not be good for 5.1 soundbar...

I mean HDMI from HTPC to TV/HD display...and if the TV has an optical out, then use that...I would guess that any TV with an Optical OUT, will most likely support 5.1 surround...
"...5.1 audio over optical or digital coax is a digital bit-stream. It is the original still-encoded DD or DTS track. Once the bit-stream has been decoded, it is unpacked into the 6 discrete channels and converted to analogue. At that point it does require a cable per channel..."
(2014-01-29, 22:21)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 22:15)bluray Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 22:07)jacintech.fire Wrote: My Vizio has an Optical IN, I think...

I mean HDMI from HTPC to TV/HD display...and if the TV has an optical out, then use that...I would guess that any TV with an Optical OUT, will most likely support 5.1 surround...
Exactly.....but some TV's only output 2.0 from external sources other than OTA. I have 2 HDTV's that only output 2.0....
I have that sound bar hooked up to my vizio tv through optical. The vizio tv actually passes through dd and dts at 5.1. I then have my tv connected to htpc via hdmi.

If you have a vizio tv along with this sound bar, check the audio settings on the tv. You may have an option to change the output from 2.0 to dd/dts 51.
What is the make and model of the TV/HD Display...?
(2014-01-29, 22:32)tommyonegun Wrote: I have that sound bar hooked up to my vizio tv through optical. The vizio tv actually passes through dd and dts at 5.1. I then have my tv connected to htpc via hdmi.

If you have a vizio tv along with this sound bar, check the audio settings on the tv. You may have an option to change the output from 2.0 to dd/dts 51.

i have a vizio e601-a3 60", wheres this option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC settings for soundbar0