Movie Sets no longer working
Problem: Movies will no longer group in sets no matter what settings I apply. This is happening on two machines.

Details: One is a linux box with a brand new first time install of 12.3. One on a windows 7 box that was recently upgraded to 12.3. I'm not sure if the upgrade has anything to do with it or not, but it worked great not so long ago on the 12.2 windows box. Has never worked on the new linux box.

For instance, I have all of the bond movies (20 something movies). They used to group in a folder called "James Bond" or something like that. Now, they are all dispersed by title in the library.

No matter what the settings are, the movies never group. I use the default scraper, themoviedb.com. (I tried a different scraper with the same outcome, so its not likely the scraper)

I know that you can use .nfo files and what not to make the sets. I have not tried that to see if it will work, and frankly that is out of the question. This used to just work. Also both boxes are using the aeon nox skin. Now that I think about it I haven't tried any other skin to see if that functionality was lost. But, aeon nox is by far my favorite, so it would be a bummer to have to change just for that.

I hope someone can help. I have been messing with it and searching for solutions occasionally for the last month or so. I'm surprised that I cannot find a single topic on this subject. That leads me to believe that this problem may be unique to me, and not a bug in the new version.

But, anyway, let me know if you can help or experience the same issues.
No one else having this issue?
It seems that I'm talking to myself, but I've noticed a related issue. I thought I would add it to this post, if nothing else, as a journal entry that I can use to keep track of the coming years while I try to figure out this ridiculously annoying problem.

I have several movies that are in multiple files. For instance, before I had files structured like generic.movie.2012.cd1 and generic.movie.2012.cd2. This used to recognize and list this as one movie in the library. Now, it does not. It list the two separate files by their filename in the library as if it is not even scraping.

This is obviously less severe because I could just rip a single file version. But it seems to coincide with the timeline of my previously mentioned issue that no one has apparently experienced or has knowledge to offer any kind of options towards resolution.
First of all, are you definitely looking at your movies in a Library view and not in the Files view?

Check you have the following set:

In Settings -> Videos -> Library do you have "Group movies in sets" selected

In your moives view do you have Stack selected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets no longer working0