Sort order of collections in library view
Hey xbmc community Smile

I did some research but found nothing that could help me in my case, so I thought I ask you guys here!

I installed xbmc not long ago, and started archiving my movie collection.
For example: I got all three collections of the Star Trek movies (Original Motionpicture, TNG, and Alternate Reality) and I want the collections to be in chronological order.

1. Original
2. TNG
3. Alternate Reality

But all movies in my library are sorted alphabetically, so it's not in the right order.
Is there any way to manually sort the collection order?

Thanks in advance!
Kev
Maybe movie sets is what you're looking for
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets
Hey wason92,

not exactly Smile
I don't want to create a new movie set or organize the movies in it, I want to change the order of my movie sets in library view!

But thanks for your answer Smile
Hmm, I'm not sure if a "sort title" exists for collections. That would be what we would want for this situation, though. I guess the alternative work around for the time being would be to modify the collection name, maybe something not very noticeable like adding extra spaces?

Code:
Star Trek - TOS
Star Trek -TNG
Star Trek- Alt
Alternatively I believe something like the below would work.

Star Trek Collection 1 - The Original Movies
Star Trek Collection 2 - The Next Generation
Star Trek Collection 3 - Alternative Reality
Thanks you both Smile

I did indeed think of renaming them to fit in, but had no clue that with the extra spaces would work!
The funny thing is I did not think of renaming them the way you did jjd-uk Smile
For now I can live with that method of sorting them, but it would be really nice if you could do that another way..

Thanks again, solved Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort order of collections in library view0