a4ksubtitles not working for OpenSubtitles or addic7ed ?
My a4ksubtitles (v3.6.0) on Kodi Nexus 20.2 doesn't seem to work with OpenSubtitles or addic7ed.

It used to work with OpenSubtitles and I can use the stand-alone OpenSubtitles(.org) addon and it finds the subtitles.
I've triple checked the account details added to a4ksubtitles.

Nothing jumped out at me with the log entries.

I just don't know if a4kSubtitles is still meant to be working with OpenSubtiles and/or addic7ed.

Anyone else using this?

Thanks.
Up until just a few days ago 12/26/2023 I was operating with the A4kSubtitles with no issues. Since then I keep getting a popup that states `A4kSubtitles OpenSubtitles Authentification Failed.

I have accounts with both the OPenSubtitles (.org & .com) and are aware they switched to ".com". I have no issues using them independently and was curious why then the Authentification failed? 

Is there a problem with A4k that anyone is aware of. I visited theri website (GitHub) and cannot find any statements concerning issues with their addon.

I am partially deaf and rely on my Subs. 

By the way. The reason I liked A4kSubs is because they always offered up useable Subtitles.... OpenSubs does not stand up well on its own and addicted simply doesn't produce many if any Subs.
I've spent the last 4 days trying to resolve this to no luck on my own. 

Any help would be awesome.

Device: FireCube 4k
Kodi 20.1 & 20.2
I'm in the same boat. Since 1.1.2024 it no longer works. Using 3.10 version, just noticed that there is 3.11 out but haven't tried it yet.

I have different account for opensubtitles.com and opensubtitles.org. Looking at the source and documentation, it appears to be using the new API at opensubtitles.com. However my opensubtitles.com credentials do NOT work,I have to give opensubtitles.org credentials. With those it doesn't complain about invalid login, however it doesn't find any subtitles. So not really working.

Kodi's own opensubtitles.org addon worked fine until 1.1.2024, but now the old API is gone so I tried to install opensubtitles.com addon. It seems to work, but can't download any subtitles. The list is visible but then it gives error when selecting a subtitle.

.. anyway, a4ksubtitles usually finds suitable subtitle from some other service, maybe it's just time to discard opensubtitles after this mess.
When OpenSubs went down, I needed a replacement and saw this mentioned a few times in Reddit. Doesn't work at all for me. I moved my account to opensubtitles.com and added that info to A4KSubtitles, and it says searching and what service searching with, goes through a few services and then 0 results. Can't seem to find an English sub-addon that works.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
in opensubtitles.com you need to use username not email like .org, try it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a4ksubtitles not working for OpenSubtitles or addic7ed ?0