• 6(current)
Release service.subtitles.subscene
No doest work, i allready have the 1.0.1 version and it still doesnt work.

here is just a LOG Info for my Problem
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238750
OK...

Version: 1.0.1

I mainly download English subs but as I said I'm in Iran and sometimes need to get Persian subs as well.

English subs download works but Persian subs fail to download.
Checking further I found out some languages do not work, e.g. Persian, Italian, Russian, etc. (Did not check all languages)
Working languages were Spanish, Dutch and others I don't remember at the moment.

It looks like the script fails to accomplish the task when it comes to certain languages.

Kudos for the active community here. I'm impressed and pleased.
Thanks to CrowleyAJ
@Saihm: Your log states that you still got version 1.0.0. On 1.0.1 your example works for me.

@StyxCrosser:
I found out that SubScene uses a non-standard language name "Farsi/Persian", which didn't match "Persian" in XBMC. It's fixed in 1.0.2.
Couldn't reproduce it for Italian or Russian though, it would be nice if you could provide examples.
Thanks for reporting the issue.
@CrowleyAJ

Thanks for getting back to us so fast.

I kinda guessed that about Farsi/Persian since I've seen the website itself.
What you say makes perfect sense AND many thanks for fixing it so quickly.
I'll wait for 1.0.2 to appear in the repo.

Meanwhile I'll try and reproduce the issue with Italian and some other languages that failed and submit the log.

Cheers
@CrowleyAJ

Version: 1.0.1

Could not reproduce the issue. They all worked as they should.

Tested the add-on with RoboCop (2014) as it seemed to have lots of subs in lots of languages.
Downloaded English, French, Malay, Russian, Arabic and Italian.
I confirm all are perfectly working.

Thanks again. I'll wait for the 1.0.2 to show up in the repo for Farsi/Persian.

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252682
Hey!

First of all, thank you for taking your time creating this add-on. Subscene is in my opinion the best subtitle site.

Although I've experienced some trouble. I'm using version 1.0.1, I'm using English as primary subtitle language and the problem is that the Subscene add-on doesnt seem to display all subtitles. I noticed this problem yesterday when I were going to watch Utopia. I were using this release Utopia S02E02 720p HDTV x264-TLA and Subscene said that there were "No subtitles found". I looked it up on my phone and found http://subscene.com/subtitles/utopia-sec...ish/948857 (I searched for the exact release name).

I then tried to just search for "Utopia S02E02" and "Utopia TLA", when I tried "Utopia TLA" I found ep 01 and 04 (if I remember correctly) but episode 02 didn't show up either way in the addon. So it seems like not all results show up. If it makes any difference I've set my language preference to English on the subscene.com site so the site does at least seem to recognize the subtitle in the right language.

Do you have any idea why this problem is occuring?

Thanks!
Hi Padda, thanks for you report.

As always it's easier for me to figure these things out when you provide a debug log.
However, I could reproduce your case. For some reason the subtitle you were searching was given no number of files on the result page, and the current search pattern didn't account for that possibility.
It will be fixed in the next version (1.0.3).
(2014-08-04, 15:26)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Hi Padda, thanks for you report.

As always it's easier for me to figure these things out when you provide a debug log.
However, I could reproduce your case. For some reason the subtitle you were searching was given no number of files on the result page, and the current search pattern didn't account for that possibility.
It will be fixed in the next version (1.0.3).

Thanks alot for this, really appreciate it. Good that you could reproduce the bug since I'm not sure how to find the debug log Wink
HI all.

i have some trouble with the subtitles with xbmc in a custom openelec system. when i try to get the subtitles for what i am watching, i get a script error, but not much more on screen than that, and so i cant really figure out what the problem is, so if anyone is able to help me decipher what the problem is it would be much apreciated.

i have the logfile from xbmc here if it helps with anything but since im not much of a programmer i dont really understand much of it myself, but think i have figured out that the problem starts at line 776 approximately.
xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=272401

also sorry for my english skills. english is not my first language.
Hi Momberg,

I saw that your issue was an encoding problem with some special chars in danish. Unfortunately the log file is gone now and i can't reproduce your problem. Could you please submit a new log file?
Hello
Thank you for your great addon
Just I have small issue

This addon work good just I can't change the English subtitles it's stuck in English

And in addon information
When I try to click configure I can't it's no way to configure this add on

All other box I can click on it like uninstall, disable, rollback and change log
But configure and update I can't click that

I'm using Gotham stable on oyua Android

Plz how to fix that

Thank you
Hi yaser222,

that is configured in XBMC itself. See Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Languages to download subtitles for
(2014-09-24, 21:21)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Hi yaser222,

that is configured in XBMC itself. See Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Languages to download subtitles for

Thank you for your quick response

Great now it's working on stable Gotham for Android

But I try in official xbmc 12.4 for ouya I couldn't install the zip file
I think it's not compatible with xbmc 12 right?
(2014-09-24, 23:27)yaser222 Wrote: But I try in official xbmc 12.4 for ouya I couldn't install the zip file

No, subtitle addons got reworked for Gotham. Previously, there was a single subtitle plugin, which handled all services (which was hard to maintain). You may try if that still works for you.
(2014-09-25, 00:14)CrowleyAJ Wrote:
(2014-09-24, 23:27)yaser222 Wrote: But I try in official xbmc 12.4 for ouya I couldn't install the zip file

No, subtitle addons got reworked for Gotham. Previously, there was a single subtitle plugin, which handled all services (which was hard to maintain). You may try if that still works for you.

Ooh OK the single subtitle plugin on 12.4 xbmc oyua version
it's working only with opensubtittls not with subsence
I will use Gotham until ouya update the official version for oyua

Thank you
you were very helpful

Have a good time
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.subscene8