• 7(current)
Release service.subtitles.subscene
subscene plugin is no longer working :-S
plz fix
failed to download subtitle error
Subscene only search for English subtitles... What happened?
so is there anybody still maintain the subscene pluginHuh
cause it still dosent work...
It downloads new subtitles for me but display some old subtitles...
Using Kodi nightlies.
Hello all,

I'm sorry about the lack of responses in the last weeks. I haven't abandoned the plugin, I just didn't receive any notifications about your posts, so I didn't check the thread.
I will look into your issues ASAP.
Ok, I just tried some movies and TV shows and everything seems ok to me. It returned the right subtitles even in the chosen languages (where available).
So it might be that you ran into some special cases, which failed for some reason. To iron these out I need to know what you did exactly, so I can reproduce these cases. A debug log, as mentioned in the original post, would be most helpful: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

I tested on XBMC 13.2 Gotham, I will look into Kodi beta later.
I think its probably just a compatible issue but in case its not i explain my problem.

i just removed and uninstall subscen, both in XBMC and manually. and reinstalled and downloaded a pair of subtitles for tvshow 1. i then went in and saw another tvshow and downloaded subtitles for that as well. What then shows is the pair of subtitles for tv show 1. and they show for tvshow 3-4-5-6 etc. they're "stuck"

I noticed that tv show 1 subtitles are in userdata - appdata and in the subscene folder. I deleted the subtitle file there. Then went back in and startet tvshow 2 or 3 or 4 or whatever, again, and downloaded a new pair of subtitles and once again tv show 1 subtitles came up and the file is back in the userdata - addon - subscene folder.

opensubtitles works perfectly as it should but i like subscene way better, much faster and more subtitles to chose from, so pls fix fast Smile

If still needed i will produce a debug log. Smile

Thanks for your work, i really appreciate it and sorry for any bad english, if any Wink
Hi Pressi,

There was an issue in the past where temporary files weren't cleaned up afterwards and so some file seemed to be stuck. But I thought I fixed that issue. Could you please provide a debug log, so I can check the specifics of your issue.
The same problem that i had with my addons, check for solution:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1831823
Hi

i have some problems with this plugin, it stopped working a couple of days back.
running latest stable openelec

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.subtitles.subscene/service.py", line 424, in <module>
                                                subs = download(params["link"])
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.subtitles.subscene/service.py", line 296, in download
                                                shutil.rmtree(__temp__)
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-4.2/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.2.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 239, in rmtree
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-4.2/build.OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-4.2.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 71, in join
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2014-11-04, 16:00)CrowleyAJ Wrote: Hi Pressi,

There was an issue in the past where temporary files weren't cleaned up afterwards and so some file seemed to be stuck. But I thought I fixed that issue. Could you please provide a debug log, so I can check the specifics of your issue.

I have this issue aswell, the temp files in addon_data is not deleted. I tried uploading the log files using the kodi log uploader, but never got an email. Im using version 1.03 of subscene and Helix beta 2 (also tried with latest nightly build, but same error)

Because I havent received an email for the log link, heres what I think is causing it in the debug log:
Code:
21:14:43 T:3152   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - Saving subtitles to 'C:\Users\stue\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\subscene.xxx'
21:14:43 T:3152   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - Discovered ZIP Archive
21:14:43 T:3152   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - Failed to save subtitle to C:\Users\stue\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\subscene.zip
21:14:44 T:6028   DEBUG: CZipManager::GetZipList - Processing zip://C%3a%5cUsers%5cstue%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cKodi

%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cservice.subtitles.subscene%5ctemp%5csubscene.zip/
21:14:44 T:6028   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
21:14:44 T:3152   DEBUG: ### [__main__] - === returning subtitle file C:\Users\stue\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\Homeland.S04E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.srt

Alternatively I can send the log file some other way if need be.
My problem was related to the fact that Subscene apparently is offering ZIP files that OpenELEC's unzip (v6.00) command does not support. Maybe that's similar to what XBMC is experiencing ? The exact error can be seen on the command-line when trying to unzip the temporary file that was downloaded:

Code:
xbmc01:~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.subscene/temp # unzip subscene.zip
Archive:  subscene.zip
   skipping: SomeSubtitle.srt  need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)

Unzipping the file on my RHEL6 Linux system (using unzip-6.0-1.el6) did not pose any problems:

Code:
[dag@moria ~]$ unzip subscene.zip
Archive:  subscene.zip
  inflating: SomeSubtitle.srt

So what _is_ weird is that both versions report the same exact version information, so either the RHEL6 version has been patched for this issue, or they were compiled differently, or there is an architecture-dependent issue involved.

--
Dag
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the temp directory not being deleted before the new subtitle is downloaded.
So the same archive is unpacked over and over and you get stuck with the first subtitle you downloaded via this service.
In order to fix this, just apply the changes of the pull request I made.

https://github.com/manacker/service.subt...ll/1/files

Now, it all works as i'ts supposed to.
Thanks for the pull request Philonimbus.

I submitted it to the official repo. I should appear as an auto update soon.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.subscene8