• 274(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-04-13, 12:35)da-anda Wrote: @pplucky - the filename parser is working in two steps. First it check for the keyword "3D" anywhere in the file (which is present in your example filename). If this is given, it's looking for (H)SBS and (H)TAB surrounded by one of these delimiters: ".", " ", "-", "_". Your filename does not match this rule because it's using "H-3DSBS" as keyword.
Clear now, thanks a lot @popcornix and @da-anda
(2014-04-13, 11:28)popcornmix Wrote: Can I have a debug log?
Can you identify the first milhouse build that exhibits this problem?
Can you reproduce the behaviour with a local file?
Okay have been through all builds from 1 april till today:

r18074 < last good working
since r18075 < no audio first 1 - 2 secs
since r18103 < no audio + video fast-forward/stutter first 1 - 2 secs and lots of xmbc freezing on channel switching.

http://pastebin.com/hVKqk55x r18075
http://pastebin.com/z9mQbiV9 r18103
sry xbmclogs.com is down (502 Bad Gateway)

No problems with local or files from NAS.
(2014-04-13, 15:21)botribun Wrote: Okay have been through all builds from 1 april till today:

r18074 < last good working
since r18075 < no audio first 1 - 2 secs
since r18103 < no audio + video fast-forward/stutter first 1 - 2 secs and lots of xmbc freezing on channel switching.

http://pastebin.com/hVKqk55x r18075
http://pastebin.com/z9mQbiV9 r18103
sry xbmclogs.com is down (502 Bad Gateway)

No problems with local or files from NAS.

Thanks. Looking at the changes around there:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...51a2123b3d
is the most likely candidate. I'll see if I can find another solution for that fix.
Okay, thank you.

Your hard work is very much appreciated. Smile
(2014-04-10, 22:04)XSplash Wrote: Hi,
I have the following problem with openelec on the pi. If I connect the pi through my Yamaha RX-V475 AV-receiver everything is fine until xbmc starts, but then the connection between the pi and the receiver doesn't work anymore.
My TV switches between a black screen (maybe from the avr) and xbmc or it shows "no signal". The hdmi input/output status on my receiver blinks irregular, because it can't get a stable connection. I tried the latest openelec beta (3.95.5) and the stable version. Both don't work. If I connect the pi directly to my tv the problem disappears. With an other receiver (RX-V471) and an other tv the problem also doesn't occur. I tried different hdmi cables and inputs of the receiver. HDMI CEC is disabled in XBMC. It seems that there is a problem with the pi and the RX-V475.

Is there a way to get some debug information about the hdmi connection?
(2014-04-13, 08:40)botribun Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 00:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 20:49)marcavatar Wrote: I meant when I start a movie mkv full HD 1080p or 720p at 24 refrsh the movie performs slowly when sudden and repeated scenes of the movie become handled, the movies are the same that I used to do before the last update and are not presented these problems.

Not really understanding.
Anyone else seeing problems like this?
Not exactly but, since few builds livestreams/rtmp's are time-warping and flickering the first few seconds of play. And sometimes the system just freeze, more often as usual while trying to play a stream. No such problems with beta 5...
I play a lot of live/rtmp streams (over the Internet). Some just run overnight and I have not experienced this with milhouseVH latest build. Maybe it's because I do not use the pvr part but a video addon that fits my cable provider and normal stream links. I have not seen the speed up/down issue either and I tried a lot of files mostly 1080p in sizes of 8-16GB. The new refresh modes seem to work just fine here. I have not experienced any freezes or crashes in now 2 days of uptime. I have enabled the new fiq driver also.

So far everything is as stable as official beta 5 and plays movies the same or actually better. I have not tested dvdplayer much but in general it seems to work with some more CPU use though and software DTS brings dvdplayer almost to a halt with 100% CPU, but I'm sure that's expected.

@regarding 3D my TV now gets the "switch to 3D mode" even with files with a blank header stereoscopic tag or without 3DSBS/TAB in the filename. But its funny like I wrote earlier I had to cycle the 3D mode setting like pplucky before it auto detected the wrongly detected file. This was on another RPi with beta 5 so I'm sure it has nothing todo with milhouseVH build.

So far 0411b has been very nice to me. Smile
Is there any way to speed up epg timeline, take a long time to load. I am using tvheadend and have 77 channels. Any ideas is appriciated!

thanks
joe
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0414
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.0 #1 PREEMPT Sun Apr 13 23:26:14 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 11 2014 19:33:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ed3181364acfe9aaec83112f3d1b792c3f591e5a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140414000617-r18160-gd06cd8c

Based on tip of XBMC master (a46e548, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (d06cd8c, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 947f7e9, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Includes newclock3: "More efficient infobool expression evaluator" (PR3677, reverted in stock OpenELEC)
  • Includes newclock3: "Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible" (PR4143, reverted in stock OpenELEC)
Build Highlights:

OpenELEC master now officially building with ALSA enabled on R-Pi.
  1. OpenELEC:
    • bluez: update to bluez-5.17
    • alsa-utils: add upstream patches, thanks to Anssi
    • libdrm: update to libdrm-2.4.53
    • projects/*/options: enable RTL8812AU driver
    • remove package 'RTL8723AU', seems to be not needed actually
    • elfutils: update to elfutils-0.158
    • linux: update PLL numbers patch
    • projects/RPi/options: enable experimental ALSA support
  2. XBMC:
    • fix crash when changing language from non-GUI thread (PR4551, fixes #15113)
    • fix crash when changing the skin zoom from non-GUI thread (PR4551, fixes #15114)
  3. newclock3:
    • [omxplayer] Ignore occasionally valid pts values, they cause live tv stutter
    • [omxplayer] Fix for 3d video in mono mode. The test for no aspect wasn't correct, causing large black bars
    • Revert "demuxer: Don't replace timestamps of 0 with unknown". This reverts commit bfa76b0.

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is currently disabled by default in OpenELEC master, but enabled by default in this build. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently enabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better).

If you need to disable FIQ FSM, add the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0

4. These test builds include the option to dump audio and video packets to a file for later debugging. This is for issues with Live TV or streaming plugins that popcornmix can't access.

In Settings -> System -> Debugging, enable "Debug logging" then in verbose logging enable "Dump video frames to debug file" and/or "Dump audio frames to debug file". These files will appear in ~/.xbmc/temp as audio.dat and video.dat. Hopefully popcornmix can then use these files when debugging issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since build #0411b (didn't notice before), it seems my video calibration settings are always lost on reboot. No matter if I set it right, it always go back to 0,0...

Anyone else also has this?
(2014-04-14, 01:58)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*][omxplayer] Ignore occasionally valid pts values, they cause live tv stutter

Looks good no stutter with r18160, thank you!
(2014-04-13, 23:07)tuxen Wrote: @regarding 3D my TV now gets the "switch to 3D mode" even with files with a blank header stereoscopic tag or without 3DSBS/TAB in the filename. But its funny like I wrote earlier I had to cycle the 3D mode setting like pplucky before it auto detected the wrongly detected file. This was on another RPi with beta 5 so I'm sure it has nothing todo with milhouseVH build.

(2014-04-11, 13:01)popcornmix Wrote: xbmc master doesn't support switching the TV into 3D mode, nor does gotham beta 5.
It's only an experimental feature in newclock3 that is known to not be perfect. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3072

Automatic switch to 3D mode worked 100% for all my 3D files, except for one. It says stereoscopic mode is 'Side by Side', TV appears to switch, but still 2 pictures shown side by side (meaning no actual 3D). If I use the TV remote to put it in 2D and then back in 3D, it then shows up fine... Anything I can do to help figure out this one?
@pplucky - are you using dvdplayer or omxplayer? dvdplayer won't work with 3D AFAIK (you'll get the effect you discribed - at least for me this happened on dvdplayer)

@popcornmix and 3D resolution switch
The resolution switch into 3D mode is working fine with omxplayer, but only as long as one doesn't use the "ask" dialog. If this dialog is used, TV is already switching into 3D mode even before the user told XBMC what to do. I know that we need some refactoring to fix this in a good way (like fire the "onPlaybackStart" or a "onBeforePlaybackStart" message BEFORE dvdplayer is preparing the renderpipeline), but would it be possible for omxplayer to wait for an actual stereoscopic mode switch toggled by XBMC instead of acting on it's own relying on the "hints"? If the "ask" dialog is in general an issue, then we should remove that setting entirely and make it a hidden setting with correct default value (= use preferred mode). Same for the "preferred mode" setting, which can only be "same as movie" and "mono" because the PI currently doesn't support conversion IIRC.
(2014-04-14, 01:37)unclejoe01 Wrote: Is there any way to speed up epg timeline, take a long time to load. I am using tvheadend and have 77 channels. Any ideas is appriciated!
unfortunately not really. You should turn off the caching of the EPG in the database though, because this will cause only longer loading times (first load and process data from DB, then do the same again with imported/updated data).

edit: oh, you referred on the timeline. The only thing you can do is to change the "lingertime" in advanced settings to 0 (or better 60, which is same behavior as Frodo had) so that you won't get past EPG data and thus reduce the ammount of data to be processed. A refactoring of the PVR windows is planned for TheHoff/Helix, which would allow the EPG grid to be cached once generated, but that's in far future
(2014-04-14, 10:46)da-anda Wrote: @pplucky - are you using dvdplayer or omxplayer? dvdplayer won't work with 3D AFAIK (you'll get the effect you discribed - at least for me this happened on dvdplayer)
Omxplayer is my default and this still happens...
(2014-04-10, 22:04)XSplash Wrote: Hi,
I have the following problem with openelec on the pi. If I connect the pi through my Yamaha RX-V475 AV-receiver everything is fine until xbmc starts, but then the connection between the pi and the receiver doesn't work anymore.
My TV switches between a black screen (maybe from the avr) and xbmc or it shows "no signal". The hdmi input/output status on my receiver blinks irregular, because it can't get a stable connection. I tried the latest openelec beta (3.95.5) and the stable version. Both don't work. If I connect the pi directly to my tv the problem disappears. With an other receiver (RX-V471) and an other tv the problem also doesn't occur. I tried different hdmi cables and inputs of the receiver. HDMI CEC is disabled in XBMC. It seems that there is a problem with the pi and the RX-V475.

for what its worth I have RX v475 with pi connected and tv connected to the amp and it works fine. CEC works, and the amp passes the video to the Tv in standby mode and when powered on. Its worked for all the beta's and many millhouse builds prior to that.
  • 274(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223