• 275(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
With latest build aspect ratio is off (stretched vertically) in 3d sbs 2.35:1. I think it is ok for 16:9. Don't have over/under to check.
Omx, normal a.r.

http://postimg.org/image/s932ed35j/

I know it should be stretched when images aren't combined (apparently screenshot doesn't catch them combined) but it is more than it should be, and cropped at top and bottom. See the text on bottom, it should be vissible.

Also 2d mode doesn't work for me, only if I select it from tvs menu. But not only for that build, also from 2-3 builds back. Haven't check older or betas
(2014-04-14, 15:04)host505 Wrote: With latest build aspect ratio is off (stretched vertically) in 3d sbs 2.35:1. I think it is ok for 16:9. Don't have over/under to check.
Omx, normal a.r.

http://postimg.org/image/s932ed35j/

I know it should be stretched when images aren't combined (apparently screenshot doesn't catch them combined) but it is more than it should be, and cropped ot top and bottom. See the text on bottom, it should be vissible.

Can you post a debug enabled xbmc.log file?
Sure.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=172874

Here is me playing a 2.35:1 3D.SBS file, stoping it, replaying it, trying to switch to 2D mode (unsuccesfully), stoping it, playing a 16:9 3D.SBS file.
I'm testing this to hold on.. I have the hobbit (1) on bluray and both as normal and stereoscopic files.
I just noticed that on 3D, the aspect ratio switching doesn't affect the actual video at all, only the masking (the black bars). Video is stretched to 16:9 by default and this does not change at any setting, it just adds black bars on some settings (stretch 16:9, stretch 4:3... all actually exept zoom) covering part of the video.
That's why 16:9 videos look ok.
Ups! Sorry..
Same behavior as you host505.
(2014-04-14, 09:56)pplucky Wrote: Since build #0411b (didn't notice before), it seems my video calibration settings are always lost on reboot. No matter if I set it right, it always go back to 0,0...

Anyone else also has this?

Happens for me to, I use it to move the subs..
Videos hang the the system randomly when I have a USB wireless mouse dongle plugged in. The build a week or two ago with FIQ disabled by default didn't have this issue, and dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 seems to stop it from happening, too.

Tried turning on debug logs but didn't see any USB related messages, so I'm assuming I need to turn on one of the verbose logging options but not sure which.
(2014-04-14, 17:26)host505 Wrote: I just noticed that on 3D, the aspect ratio switching doesn't affect the actual video at all, only the masking (the black bars). Video is stretched to 16:9 by default and this does not change at any setting, it just adds black bars on some settings (stretch 16:9, stretch 4:3... all actually exept zoom) covering part of the video.
That's why 16:9 videos look ok.

OK tried a 3D Top/Bottom 2.35:1 video, no stretching here, movie looks normal, but, aspect ratio changing has the same behaviour. No actual effect on the video itself, just the letterbox bars appear depending the ar mode, covering part of the video.
(2014-04-14, 10:48)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 01:37)unclejoe01 Wrote: Is there any way to speed up epg timeline, take a long time to load. I am using tvheadend and have 77 channels. Any ideas is appriciated!
unfortunately not really. You should turn off the caching of the EPG in the database though, because this will cause only longer loading times (first load and process data from DB, then do the same again with imported/updated data).

edit: oh, you referred on the timeline. The only thing you can do is to change the "lingertime" in advanced settings to 0 (or better 60, which is same behavior as Frodo had) so that you won't get past EPG data and thus reduce the ammount of data to be processed. A refactoring of the PVR windows is planned for TheHoff/Helix, which would allow the EPG grid to be cached once generated, but that's in far future

that makes a big difference. thanks a lot!
could someone upload the latest build to somewhere else as I can download from netlir anymore
(2014-04-14, 23:11)stuCONNERS Wrote: could someone upload the latest build to somewhere else as I can download from netlir anymore

Downloading fine here, what problem are you getting? Could it be a problem with your connection? "netlir.dk" is 78.156.101.11 in case its a DNS problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
connection just times out. Used to work fine
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0415
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.0 #1 PREEMPT Tue Apr 15 00:16:23 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 14 2014 21:55:13
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 908504843baf8ca6ff68a3b7a88c9ec2fdb73250 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140415001514-r18179-g7689de7

Based on tip of XBMC master (a46e548, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (7689de7, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 5697f2a, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflict with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC gotham_rbp_backports patches in favour of sourcing these same patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
Build Highlights:
  1. New Firmware Apr 14:
    • firmware: audio_decode: We should reset current frame time on a flush. See: link.
  2. OpenELEC:
    • wlan-firmware: update to wlan-firmware-0.0.19

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is currently disabled by default in OpenELEC master, but enabled by default in this build. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently enabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better).

If you need to disable FIQ FSM, add the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0

4. These test builds include the option to dump audio and video packets to a file for later debugging. This is for issues with Live TV or streaming plugins that popcornmix can't access.

In Settings -> System -> Debugging, enable "Debug logging" then in verbose logging enable "Dump video frames to debug file" and/or "Dump audio frames to debug file". These files will appear in ~/.xbmc/temp as audio.dat and video.dat. Hopefully popcornmix can then use these files when debugging issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-02, 13:06)rbej Wrote: Please check this sample. Only me dont have audio after seeking movie to beginning??.

http://speedy.sh/Ef6J9/sample.avi

Can you test this problem with latest build?

(there was a different fix in an earlier build, but that caused problems and was reverted)
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223