• 182(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-02-02, 16:38)markius Wrote: Is there a way to change the default wsize and rsize for NFS /storage when it's mounted via cmdline.txt?

Add the NFS options after the NFS export in cmdline.txt, eg.

Quote:ip=10.150.213.5::10.150.213.30:255.255.255.224:OpenELEC:eth0:off boot=LABEL=SYSTEM disk=NFS=10.150.213.2:/volume1/openelec,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,async,proto=udp console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh

udp is usually found to offer slightly better performance than tcp.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-02, 16:21)MilhouseVH Wrote: http://openelec.tv/forum/69-network/6671...ution-open ?

Thanks but I'm looking to have the RPi running a server to accept incoming connections, not to connect to other VPN servers elsewhere.

I've just realised that OpenVPN already appears to be included in OE but I'm not sure if it includes all the components needed to run as a server, or only those needed to connect out to other servers?
(2014-02-02, 18:12)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks but I'm looking to have the RPi running a server to accept incoming connections, not to connect to other VPN servers elsewhere.

I've just realised that OpenVPN already appears to be included in OE but I'm not sure if it includes all the components needed to run as a server, or only those needed to connect out to other servers?

Oh right, dunno then - probably worth it's own thread in that case!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-02, 08:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202
(Supercedes previous build)

Does this not include "3.PR:4119 included in XBMC master - this disables notifications during initial device scan, eg. CEC adaptor. Most welcome." mentioned for the previous build, as I still get a CEC message come up every time I boot? I didn't try the 0201 build, so don't know if that was any different.

(2014-02-02, 18:22)MilhouseVH Wrote: Oh right, dunno then - probably worth it's own thread in that case!

Yeah sure, I was just checking here whether there was anything particular to these builds that might make it hard/impossible to get it working before spending a lot of time trying to get it to work.

I'll start a new thread though, maybe on the OE forums would be the best place.
(2014-02-02, 18:24)doveman2 Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 08:01)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202

Does this not include "3.PR:4119 included in XBMC master - this disables notifications during initial device scan, eg. CEC adaptor. Most welcome." mentioned for the previous build, as I still get a CEC message come up every time I boot? I didn't try the 0201 build, so don't know if that was any different.
it used to first say it was found and, second, that its connected to the TV. Now it just as it's connected to the TV.
Hi, for some reason the audio passthrough is not working.
Everything else works fine, thanks for the great work
(2014-02-02, 18:24)doveman2 Wrote: Does this not include "3.PR:4119 included in XBMC master - this disables notifications during initial device scan, eg. CEC adaptor. Most welcome." mentioned for the previous build, as I still get a CEC message come up every time I boot? I didn't try the 0201 build, so don't know if that was any different.

It's included, but it only seems to work (ie. ignore the initial notification) when CEC is marked as disabled - I too get the notification if I enable CEC and restart XBMC. I'm not sure if that's the intent of the PR, it might be worth bringing it to their attention.

With regard to changes from one build to the next, as a rule you should assume that all each release contains all modifications that have gone before unless there is a specific mention of a commit being removed or reverted. I could keep a running list of changes but it would become quite long and tedious to read (and maintain), and that's what the links to the various repositories (and previous builds) are for. Smile
Thanks guys

I've used
Code:
disk=NFS=10.150.213.2:/volume1/openelec,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,async

Which gives me
Code:
10.150.213.2:/volume1/openelec on /storage type nfs (rw,noatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,port=2049,timeo=3,retrans=2,sec=sys,local_lock=all,addr=10.150.213.2)

Which seems to have solved the problem. EDIT: I went with TCP for reliability.
It might be worth updating this post to save others from having similar problems:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149607

M
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202b

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun Feb 2 16:04:47 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 28 2014 18:56:53
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8966c433ecd9358a1cdab717d2a1b89999464b10 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140202160201-r17600-gce936f8

Based on tip of XBMC master (4a96b1b, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (ce936f8, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 0bba8cc which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
Build Higlights:
  1. newclock3: new dvdcodec commits that improve bad behaviour on seeks

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
(2014-02-02, 18:30)allan87 Wrote: it used to first say it was found and, second, that its connected to the TV. Now it just as it's connected to the TV.

Ah OK. So I presume it won't come up at all now on composite connected RPis?
(2014-02-02, 18:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202b

Build Higlights:
  1. newclock3: new dvdcodec commits that improve bad behaviour on seeks

Step back and rewind now appears to work just fine.

Thanks for the quick fix.
(2014-02-02, 18:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202b

So, anyone with an ALSA sound card? Either USB or I2S?
I'd be interested to know if the sound card shows up in audio settings.
Do you get any sounds when selected?
omxplayer won't support it, but paplayer and dvdplayer may.

Note this is untested and experimental, so I'm not expecting it to work well, but I'd like to know if any ALSA cards are close to working.
(2014-02-02, 20:02)popcornmix Wrote: So, anyone with an ALSA sound card? Either USB or I2S?
I'd be interested to know if the sound card shows up in audio settings.
Do you get any sounds when selected?
omxplayer won't support it, but paplayer and dvdplayer may.

Note this is untested and experimental, so I'm not expecting it to work well, but I'd like to know if any ALSA cards are close to working.

Briefly tested with an Asus Xonar U3 usb sound card. I've never used it on a Pi before, so I don't know if it works in Rasbian or whatever. After I plugged it in (and the Pi rebooted) I got two new audio output options, for analog and spdif. Only tried usb analog output as I don't have an optical receiver handy, but GUI sounds and dvdplayer video audio worked, outside of some persistent crackling noise (only during audio playback, including GUI sounds).
Tried with Hauppauge XFones USB soundcard/headphones.

Hardware shows up fine. choosing the hardware also works. GUI sound works perfect but the first time I tried to play an MKV XBMC restartet. When trying to play the MKV again there is sound but no picture.

This is with DVDplayer. With OMX there is GUI sound with usb but sound from the MKV plays through HDMI.

I will collect logs and post them.

EDIT:

Logs.

http://www2.zshares.net/5dgd80nsdk85

Regards
Jacob
(2014-02-02, 21:31)mylle Wrote: Logs.

http://www2.zshares.net/5dgd80nsdk85

You've got gpu_mem=128M and some ErrorInsufficientResources errors. I'd recommend setting gpu_mem=256M when testing dvdplayer.
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223