• 188(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Something else on how to find that USB flash drive...
Code:
cat /proc/partitions
...should list it if it's been recognised by the kernel
(2014-02-06, 20:29)markius Wrote: @MilHouseVH - Is this the correct place for this kind of discussion?

I'd suggest that installation problems should be discussed in a separate thread. Sometimes it requires no further discussion than pointing the user at the installation Wiki entry, but when that fails the continued discussion of installation issues really has no place in a thread discussing the results of test builds (builds, I might add, that are known to install and upgrade without a problem).

(2014-02-06, 20:46)vprasinos Wrote: Thanks man, looking forward to this. However is there a special milhouse previous build that can do this? I recall having seen it somewhere that a fix of yours was included, but then dropped in later builds...

I'll include any fix that is likely to go upstream as soon as it becomes available so yes, once something becomes available it's likely to be in the next build of mine.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
my rpi just randomly crashed and got a black screen, then after a restart i discovered it doesn't get to the xbmc logo screen it's just black. So i think im having the same problem as jpcolin. i can ssh, but can't update or change any files. Everything was working perfectly, like i said it just randomly stopped out of nowhere.Huh (on latest MillhousVH build)

[EDIT]

i couldn't update via ssh, so i had to do it by sd card reader. Actually i downgraded to official 3.2.3 (i always keep the files on my desktop). I'm pretty sure the latest MillhouseVH build is what caused my problem before because i can boot now, well if i unplug my usb and then re insert it i can. Otherwise it would say could not mount /dev/sda2 (which is what it said sometimes when i booted the last MillhouseVH build). But i do think MillhousVH's newest build changes something with the system because when i tried updating via openelec dev update (to maybe a january build or something), it gave me an error.

"[Errno 30] Read-Only file system. u(OpenELEC-...
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.o...
Check the download directory in the addon set..."

I have no idea what the above means but for now i can use my pi (addons work), but i cannot update, delete files (via ssh), or drag files to the system (via ssh)
Your filesystems are corrupt, most likely a result of the crash (check your system is 100% stable). You need to run fsck on your USB drive.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Good news for foreign users, last night the fix_manual_button (for search subtitles) was commited on XBMC main branch Smile
Waiting for new Millhouse release based on that Big Grin
Hi,

There is something wrong when watching HD movies on my pi. The menu on xbmc seems to have the right colors. Whites are not washed out and colors are vivid.

When i am watching h.264 content it seems that luminance is proper. Everything seems washed out. Does raspberry pi uses BT.709 decoding for h264. How can i know it's not using BT.601?

It can be the full and limited range. But for some reason the movies h264 never seem ok. If i apply the full, the movies are a little better, but still gray and the menu blacks are crushed.

Many thanks
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0207
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.2 #1 PREEMPT Fri Feb 7 11:58:29 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  2 2014 15:29:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 09963e047b754ec3282f28bd3da7074a5a6fd418 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140207121316-r17666-g54d5888

Based on tip of XBMC master (84ec9e1, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (54d5888, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 3f4dddc which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • "Show RSS Feed" default setting changed to disabled
Build Higlights:
  1. OpenELEC: New 3.13.2 kernel
  2. XBMC: New music (v45) and video (v78) databases - expect a delay while databases are updated when booting this build the first time
  3. XBMC: Manual subtitle search button fixed
  4. newclock3: Allow av sync type to be enabled

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
Thanks for your hard work. After upgrading to Feb-05 build I am always losing wlan connection. If I go to "hotspots" menu, it shows empty but if I turn off/on wifi it works for another 5minutes.

Then repeat the empty list and no connection. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks for that last build. I will try that one.
(2014-02-07, 15:13)fightnight Wrote: Thanks for your hard work. After upgrading to Feb-05 build I am always losing wlan connection. If I go to "hotspots" menu, it shows empty but if I turn off/on wifi it works for another 5minutes.

Could be a result of the updated WLAN firmware (introduced in 4 Feb build), you'll need to open an issue on the OpenELEC github if there isn't one already.
(2014-02-06, 23:38)markius Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 22:10)xbs08 Wrote: My advice is to also disable journaling on EXT4.

Good tip! Something like this (assuming the USB stick is /dev/sda1)?:

Code:
systemctl stop xbmc
systemctl stop connman
umount /storage
tune4fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sda1
reboot

M

I get "Device or resource busy" when I try umount /storage.

EDIT: and tune4fs not found
(2014-02-07, 15:13)fightnight Wrote: Thanks for your hard work. After upgrading to Feb-05 build I am always losing wlan connection. If I go to "hotspots" menu, it shows empty but if I turn off/on wifi it works for another 5minutes.

Probably also worth confirming if the WiFi problem is present in the 0204 build (when the WLAN firmware changed), but not the preceeding 202b build - this might point the finger more firmly at the new WLAN firmware.

What wifi dongle do you have?
At night I will install latest release to test it.
I'm on latest release from January and going to update to Feb-07.
On latest January wifi is OK to me.
2 quick questions:

1. Do I need to erase the USB if I upgrade to the latest build? I have a SQL installation. I'm asking because last time I upgraded the SD card with the latest milhouse files Textures13.db on the USB stick got corrupted somehow, some thumbnails would not show. I had to reformat it to ext4 just to be sure.

2. At the same time MyVideos75.db got copied to MyVideos77.db and had 2 identical databases to the server (I don't think this corrupted the USB though). This update will create MyVideos78.db from what I understand so I will have 3 identical databases?
When I wrote my #2813 post, I had 0204 build. It happens too with 0207 build.

I have D-Link DWA 140-B3 dongle and the complete logfile zip if you wanna check.

(2014-02-07, 18:41)Mafarricos Wrote: What wifi dongle do you have?

According to the logs posted here, fightnight is using a Ralink rt2870 based chipset.

(2014-02-07, 18:42)vprasinos Wrote: 1. Do I need to erase the USB if I upgrade to the latest build? I have a SQL installation. I'm asking because last time I upgraded the SD card with the latest milhouse files Textures13.db on the USB stick got corrupted somehow, some thumbnails would not show. I had to reformat it to ext4 just to be sure.

2. At the same time MyVideos75.db got copied to MyVideos77.db and had 2 identical databases to the server (I don't think this corrupted the USB though). This update will create MyVideos78.db from what I understand so I will have 3 identical databases?

1. No, you don't need to erase anything - just drop the new tar in the Update folder and reboot.

2. Unless you intend to go back to an earlier build (which will expect to use the older MyVideoes75/MyVideos77 databases) you can safely delete/drop those older databases.
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223