• 201(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-02-17, 01:06)bonzinip Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 22:51)f1vefour Wrote: It's strange that our issue is identical yet you don't show the debugging. It certainly isn't an XBMC issue, perhaps a lircd problem.

For me the problem was simply that XBMC stopped recognizing KEY_0 to KEY_9 (as opposed to KEY_NUMERIC_0 to KEY_NUMERIC_9). Caused by pull request #4001. Pull request #4000 should fix it.

My issue is all buttons simply don't function or function intermittently, when this happens an lirc_rpi stack trace is printed to the syslog.
Hey guys, yesterday after i wrote here, i didnt get the remote working anymore with my current installation. So i created a new sd and upgraded to latest milhouse-rls.
After 2 reboots gpio-ir is still working.
I can also confirm that its not a problem with the kernelmodul or lircd. If i run irw at the old installation i get all my buttons everytime (when xbmc is not recognizing them, too). If i enable logging in xbmc, i also see the pressed buttons in xbmc.log. So i think it might have something to do with xbmc by itsself.
I also was struggeling because that error occured random. First i thought it might be because of changing options or installing hyperion. Good to know that other ppl have same problem.
Its a shame that the developer see gpio-ir-user as a minority. For me its the best, cheapest and most unproblematic possibility to use a remote and i think a lot more user think the same.
We can see by the number of posts that are a significant number of people who uses gpio.
From what I can tell, GPIO IR support has never been an "official" feature of OpenElec and it's unlikely that a dev will spend any time figuring the issues out unless they themselves use it (and I don't believe there are any that do).

What, I think, this means is that we will have to persevere with the issues until after stable Gotham / OE has been released and then hope somebody (dev or otherwise) can figure out work arounds - unless of course other XBMC versions suffer similar problems.

In the mean time it might be better if we all report our GPIO issue on the OE forum. If there is enough noise perhaps a dev will help.

It's sure frustrating, but not a deal breaker for me so far. Just hope it does get fixed eventually.

(2014-02-17, 08:23)PeaceMkr Wrote: Its a shame that the developer see gpio-ir-user as a minority. For me its the best, cheapest and most unproblematic possibility to use a remote and i think a lot more user think the same.

Totally agree - GPIO IR is completely in the spirit of the whole RaspberryPi approach, and makes so much more sense than having to buy another solution which could cost almost as much as the RPi itself.
(2014-02-17, 12:50)RichG Wrote: Totally agree - GPIO IR is completely in the spirit of the whole RaspberryPi approach, and makes so much more sense than having to buy another solution which could cost almost as much as the RPi itself.

We can always buy a new TV with CEC support. Smile
(2014-02-17, 13:06)tfouto Wrote: We can always buy a new TV with CEC support. Smile

Big Grin
(2014-02-16, 16:34)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 16:26)delinend Wrote: Is it possible, to build in the last version LCDproc into Gotham, from Sourceforce, or must the build always use the official release ?
http://lcdproc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewv...c/lcdproc/

My build will always use the official release, unless there's a specific reason to test a newer version. In this case you're better off asking the OpenELEC developers if they will update the version of LCDproc they are currently using - this way everyone who builds OpenELEC will include the new version, and it will be properly supported in future when I stop creating builds.

Also, v0.5.6 is the most recent stable release - everything since is still marked as "ongoing development" (v0.5dev), so that is most likely the reason OpenELEC has decided against updating the version they use as they prefer to wait for stable releases. Maybe it's time for the LCDproc maintainer to push out a stable release?

Thanks Milhouse.

Yes, the stable LCDproc 0.5.6 is very old now, and many new things, is in the dev. builds...
Do you know, who to "push" for at new release of LCDproc ? Nothing new on this site, sinse 4/11-2012 http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/ :-(
(2014-02-17, 17:49)delinend Wrote: Yes, the stable LCDproc 0.5.6 is very old now, and many new things, is in the dev. builds...
Do you know, who to "push" for at new release of LCDproc ? Nothing new on this site, sinse 4/11-2012 http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/ :-(

Markus Dolze seems to be the main LCDproc developer - there are some mailing list posts here, though none since April 2013.

You can send him a message via sourceforge if you have an account. His personal blog/website is here, which has evidence of fairly recent activity (Feb 2014). A quick google for "bsdfan markus dolze" should reveal a disguised email address in the first hit, though no idea if that address remains active.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Running storage off of an f2fs formatted flash drive - for some reason guisettings wont save between reboots. Any ideas what could cause this?
On every reboot or only when the rpi hangs and you have to pull power?

I've added a crontab to make a backup every day for easy restoring.

Code:
crontab -e

Code:
0 0 * * * cp /storage/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/backup/guisettings.xml
>/dev/null 2>&1

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140216121055-r17714-gd8d9e0e

FYI
When playing HD MCH music
with PAPlayer (default) CPU usage always 100%, sound drops
with DVDPlayer CPU 85-100%
with OMXPlayer CPU 70-85%
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-02-15, 04:50)BuddyLuvve Wrote: Nevermind... I was using
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
instead of
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
Seems to work now... :-D

Thanks to everyone for your hard work! :-)

Is this something we need to add to our advancedsettings.xml now or is it enabled by default?
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0217
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.3 #1 PREEMPT Sat Feb 15 04:37:56 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 14 2014 19:22:36
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 45d99f51ad03ec95e6bd087065de3bc825bfce33 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140217194820-r17714-gd8d9e0e

Based on tip of XBMC master (b1ff474, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (2376c15, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for a3d263c which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • "Show RSS Feed" default setting changed to disabled
  • Reverted ffmpeg commits in order to build XBMC master
Build Higlights:
  1. XBMC: New Music database version (v45 -> v46). Expect a slight delay when booting this build the first time
  2. XBMC: Several JSON fixes
  3. newclock3: The following items should be fixed in dvdplayer with this release:
  4. newclock3: Reduced GPU memory usage by 9MB when using dvdplayer with deinterlace enabled

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-17, 22:10)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0217

For me, this now plays all my DVD menus correctly (that's up to about 6 now).
So please test, and let me know what DVDs don't work (ideally upload a sample that shows any problems).

Deinterlace with dvdplayer should now be usable for DVD resolutions.
xbmc does struggle a bit, especially when overlays are up as deinterlace doubles the framerate and hence the GUI update rate.
But it seemed usable and no longer goes out of sync.

With omxplayer xbmc now effectively enables avoid_fix_ts=0, so all formats (not just avi) will test the normal and fifo timestamp and pick the best.
That should avoid problems with dodgy packed/unpacked bistream timestamps. (Not vprasinos' files which I haven't investigated yet).
h
(2014-02-14, 23:54)mayoman Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 23:38)00b5 Wrote: I'd like to use the lastest Frodo version that has some of these benifits, where do I find that?

I don't want to move to Gotham yet, since it will involve me having two different mysql database versions.

If there are only new Gothams, then i'll consider one of those, but all I see in millhouses dir seems to be Gotham builds.

Thanks!

Think this is the last of Rbej's builds.

Milhouse has already stated he is only doing Gotham builds, and development work on Frodo has now pretty much ended anyway.

Ok great, that'll work for now.

My only other question is how to properly update from OE 3.2.4 (which i got as an img, and used windows to img the SD card with it)?

I copied the 2 kernal & system files to the update folder via the samba share, but I think I should have included some of these 3rd party/bootloader files as well.

There doesn't seem to be a concise place with instructions to do this, or if there is, i'm COMPLETELY missing it. It might be in these 200 pages somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

I don't have a linux box to do compiling or anything, so I either need to do it on the RPi itself, or via windows on the SD card.

That, as well as some pi specific stuff like enabling OC'ing?
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223