• 215(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
What do you mean by "root port"?
(2014-03-01, 06:19)b1m1 Wrote: Can transferring files via usb/network result in corrupter files or is the autocorrected

No that doesn't use isochronous.
(2014-03-01, 17:24)cg110 Wrote: FYI, I've now put the code changes for finer grained updates into a topic branch:
https://github.com/cg110/xbmc/commits/vi...ed-updates

I've built them on windows and linux, and they build cleanly. I want to just do a bit of testing, then I'll make the pull request for ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14967

MilhouseVH - looks like those database update optimizations you were testing earlier are getting closer..... Thread
Yep, I'll probably do one more "experimental" release once the PR is available and then if the PR looks good and is well received I may begin rolling it into my "normal" builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0301
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.5 #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 1 17:34:11 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 28 2014 16:43:10
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version a9ba6435869933cdfd1ad5631b6b9a97affd8806 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140301173301-r17837-g599837b

Based on tip of XBMC master (86a5608, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (599837b, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 60c02d0 which I've replaced with a static spinner to avoid hammering the GUI)
  • Includes kernel 3.13.y-next commits (see below for details on enabling FIQ_FSM patch)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Hifiberry fix: CONFIG_DMA_BCM2708=m
  • Includes PR4235: Move to SQLite 3080301
  • Includes PR4275: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
  • Includes PR4290: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
  • Includes PR4296: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3: [omxplayer] Allow small audio packets to be concatenated to make better use of audio fifo

Some audio codecs produce small packets which causes a high overhead when submitting to GPU, and doesn't make full use of GPU side buffering. TrueHD in particular can produce packets with 40 samples (so 1200 packets per second) which causes very high overhead.

What this aims to do is to concatenate audio packets until they approach the ideal audio packet size, and then deal with the awkwardness of concatenated planar formats.

Quoting popcornmix:
    Quote:When not using passthough, this has quite a significant performance benefit for me. I can reduce arm clock significantly before a stream starts buffering.
    It also starts to make TrueHD audio usable (some TrueHD streams are playing correctly with overclock whereas before it was impossible).

You can get test TrueHD streams here:
    http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

There is a chance this could cause audio glitches or sync problems, but it's behaving for my test streams.

TrueHD is still problematic. In a standalone test AC3 takes about 17% of the (stock frequency) ARM's CPU. TrueHD takes about 57%, so it's much more expensive.
    We've got Ben to look at optimising the codec. It will always be worse than AC3/DTS, but in conjunction with this patch it may become feasible to play TrueHD on an overclocked Pi.

2. newclock3: [cec] Experimental: Add suppression and auto-repeat to CEC.

Probably not usable yet, but should be harmless without the advancedsettings.
    Code:
    <cecsuppress> # brief time during which subsequent presses will be ignored (ms)
    <cecdelay>    # brief time until remote starts repeating (ms)
    <cecrepeat>   # brief interval remote repats at (ms)
    <cecrelease>  # brief time before remote is considered released (ms)

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. To enable the FIQ_FSM patch, add the following options to the end of your current line in /flash/cmdline.txt:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
    The FIQ_FSM announcement thread is here. There are currently no known problems with this patch, and it needs testing and will be the default in the future. Enabling the cmdline.txt options can improve network performance as well as USB devices. To determine if FIQ_FSM is enabled or not, run:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep FSM
    and the line:
    Code:
    [    1.524680] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled
    will confirm if FIQ_FSM is enabled or disabled.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Build #0301 including PR4301 (experimental database optimisations): #0301xp.

See this thread for details. Don't use this build unless you understand what is being tested and accept the (potential) risks! Smile
If I enable FIQ_FSM I get random quirks when copying files to my directly connected WD-passport usb-drive over the network. I'm using the wired NIC and sometimes that lockup hangs the whole RPi, so I can't even ping it. Have to pull the power.
The the whole usb-drive just disapears from the RPi.

If I disable FIQ_FSM everything is fine. No issues copying files at all.

I made a clean install just a few days ago. No overclock, just stock settings. I don't even have a Wifi dongle in it.

Keep up the good work!!
(2014-03-01, 23:13)IntelSwe Wrote: If I enable FIQ_FSM I get random quirks when copying files to my directly connected WD-passport usb-drive over the network. I'm using the wired NIC and sometimes that lockup hangs the whole RPi, so I can't even ping it. Have to pull the power.
The the whole usb-drive just disapears from the RPi.

If I disable FIQ_FSM everything is fine. No issues copying files at all.
Can you report this here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewtop...28&t=70437

jdb may have some further questions.
Sometimes when i connect openelec and click in an addon it doesn't happens nothing. But I reboot all goes OK.

Here a log from when nothing happens:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=141301

Tried to open YouTube, but I get same result in all addons.
Can this be related to the errors:
Could not parse type"GUI.Property.Value"
Could not parse type"Setting.Details.SettingList"

Is there a fix for this?
I installed Build #0301 and now movies or live has stopped working how is it possible to reset the database I should have read the warnings. I try to install previous build but the result is the same.

http://pastebin.com/vJHUjja4

Thanks

EDIT: Database reset and I am able to watch live tv again
@denz: it's a little hard to tell what's going on in your logs as there are so many errors, mostly from addons, also missing databases. I'd suggest uninstalling the broken addons for a start. Removing guisettings.xml might also help. If all else fails, delete the userdata/Database folder.

Remember these are test/development builds and not all addons are up to date with bleeding edge Gotham.
Thanks MilhouseVH the pi has been working very well with your builds and stable

. I will go through the logs to see can I sort them out maybe that is why I look like only one that live tv doesn't work with dvdplayer option on my pi everything goes in slow motion with that option I have no more understanding so I will try to see is there some setting on my pi that it doesn't work.
Quote:There is a chance this could cause audio glitches or sync problems, but it's behaving for my test streams.

I have started to experience sound glitches again from 228b.

Will upgrade to latest build and try again.

Thanks.
http://is.gd/I9U5bH

this is what happen after update to #0301 for my LG
heres the log: http://pastebin.com/sFDvjG3d

maybe problem is with changes here:
xbmc/peripherals/Peripherals.cpp
xbmc/peripherals/devices/PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp
xbmc/peripherals/devices/PeripheralCecAdapter.h
(2014-03-02, 12:43)Trickname Wrote: http://is.gd/I9U5bH

this is what happen after update to #0301 for my LG
heres the log: http://pastebin.com/sFDvjG3d

maybe have to to with changes here:
xbmc/peripherals/Peripherals.cpp
xbmc/peripherals/devices/PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp
xbmc/peripherals/devices/PeripheralCecAdapter.h

Have exactly the same problem with LiveTV. The build before works fine.
  • 215(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223