• 223(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-07, 17:42)popcornmix Wrote: Milhouse builds are test builds for the very latest openelec + xbmc +firmware, plus a number of patches not yet accepted into xbmc (from my newclock3 branch).
A number of these patches are performance improving. There are also new features, like support of dvdplayer, allowing dvd playback with menus, and software codecs.

But, remember they are test builds and they change almost daily. Any particular builds may have new bugs in.
Only run them if you are happy to accept that, and willing to submit detailed bug reports.
(However for core functionality - playing videos from files it tends to be pretty stable. If you use PVR or other addons you may find things break more often).

Ok thank you for the answer, understood now Wink
These are development builds with experimental features and enhancements. Generally, they are pretty stable but they don't work correctly for everyone and some builds have significant problems. The beta should be pretty stable and work very well.
(2014-03-07, 17:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 17:14)SSC_Jarod Wrote: You have am PM. Sadly only with two pictures, cause my DSL Line in my new Appartement has a terrible upload speed at this time.

The aspect ratio looks correct on your photos (just in one of them there are black bars at top and bottom).
Basically the custom zoom modes shouldn't be used with SBS or TAB movies as it breaks the 3D effect. For that reason omxplayer ignores the zoom modes when playing 3d.

I've checked my 3d files and there are 46 and every one is 16:9 (those that are wide screen encode the black bars in the video).
You can post medinfo for the file, but at the moment I can't see the problem.

Hi,

Think i got it to find the error Wink

If i start a 3D Movie normla with not autoswitch, so that the SBS Picture is displayed twice on my screen, the ratio is normal.

But if i switch in the on screen settings the stereoscopic view mode from auto to sbs, the picture is immediatly zoomed in the vertical high.

So i think it has to do with switch of the 3D settings.

I try to send you two pictures immediatly of this, then you see, that the face is beeing transformed to a conehead Wink

Greetz
J.
Latest build is much better with tvheadend. I thought my tv tuner was poor however the picture has improved greatly using DVD player.
Good evening. My wmv3 file is working with this new build. Thanks you two, popcornmix and MilhouseVH (or the other way round :-) )
(2014-03-07, 20:45)anonimo2001 Wrote: Good evening. My wmv3 file is working with this new build. Thanks you two, popcornmix and MilhouseVH (or the other way round :-) )

Great.
(2014-02-23, 23:27)YggdrasiI Wrote: Hello,

I would give some feedback about the new alsa support. Sorry for my english. Results was made with both versions
OpenELEC (Milhouse) Version: devel-20140221233032-r17780-ge46e3ad and
OpenELEC (Milhouse) Version: devel-20140202053003-r17587-g0c71539

[...]
2 The Alsa support for [bcm2835 ALSA] do not work. There is no error message, but all three above cases
leads to a mute output. Did I forget something, i. e. has to disable the "Non-Alsa sound module"?

Regards Yggdrasil

Hi,

I just want to note a (for me) weired behavior. The Alsa playback for bcm2835 works, if no hdmi cable is plugged in.
I have no clue why. Power supply issues shouldn't be possible (2A output) and dmesg shows no differences.
Hi there all i really like to update my pi but if i follow wiki guide it desn't work with my pi.
Found the zip file for gotham her,thanks for that.
But when i follow the wiki by putting in the ip adres oof the pi in a browser it can't connect to the pi,i only can connect by filezille or sort of rpog.
Also when i look through the folders by filezille the folder update i nowhere to be found.
At the moment i am runnin latest stable open elec with frodo 12.2.
Is here anyone who can help me with this please?
I think you are in the wrong thread. There are test builds, NOT the beta of Gotham. I think you've got the best change at the OpenElec forums.
First tip: enable Samba in the settings.
Enabled samba in the settings and even changed the name of the workgroup?
Changed it to the same name of the rest of my machines in my netwrok rebooted but no luck till now.
Also in the openelec forums i also got no help till now,but still messing around with the sam prob.
I hope this helps...
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Access...ab=Windows
You must have samba enabled in xbmc (it is by default) and put the IP in Windows Explorer (not the browser Internet Explorer, the file manager...)

By the way, download the last build from here (it's a tar file, not a zip...):
http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/MilhouseVH/...5cfed0.tar
uncompess it and copy the four files in the "target" folder in you Pc to the "Update" folder in the Rasp. Reboot.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0308
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.6 #1 PREEMPT Sat Mar 8 02:40:46 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Mar  7 2014 16:45:40
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version c96cb035fdc907d28db836bbb1606aea2a8e73d9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140308023729-r17871-g8a2f22b

Based on tip of XBMC master (b6212bd, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (8a2f22b, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 9feb5e0 which I've replaced with a static spinner to avoid hammering the GUI)
  • Includes kernel 3.13.y-next commits (see below for details on enabling FIQ_FSM patch)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
Build Highlights:

New firmware, new 3.13.6 kernel, two new newclock3 fixes (report all sample rates for passthrough, fix 3D video aspect ratios)
  1. New Firmware Mar 07:
    • firmware: When hotplug is absent, try reading the edid as a fallback. Only switch to composite if both fail
  2. OpenELEC:
    • New kernel, 3.13.6
  3. XBMC:
    • Several ActiveAE and Settings fixes, prevent possible division by zero in MP3Codec
  4. newclock3:
    • [PiSink] Report all hdmi samples rate as supported. Required for passthrough
    • [omxplayer] When setting fullscreen flag we don't want noaspect. We set the fullscreen on 3d videos to avoid scaling breaking the 3d affect. However we also set the noaspect flag which means widescreen videos (e.g. 1920x800) will get stretched vertically which is unwanted.

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is now enabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Additional Testing Notes:
Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

Hello. I've been comparing omxplayer and dvdplayer in the last few builds and it's always the same: when playing videos with dvdplayer the image freezes for a while a few seconds after starting. Then everything is ok till I skip forward/back. Then it happens again, the image freezes (the sound is ok) and in just a moment everything is ok. Omxplayer works fine with the same videos.
IMHO dvdplayer is not as smooth as omxplayer.
Just in case it can help.

(I have gpu_mem_512=192 and Medium overclocking. It happens with SD and 720p videos)
@anonimo2001: can you upload a sample file, 100MB or less that demonstrates the problem? A debug log (wiki) including the point where it freezes would also help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is there any way I can disable fiq_fsm?

I just reinstalled both my Rpi's with 0308 from scratch, with formatted SDCARDS.

Now I can't upload files larger than 500Mb from PC to the directly connected WD-2TB usb-hdd. In the middle of the copy the network interface on the RPi dies, no ssh, no ping.
On the TV everyting looks ok and I can play movies from the usb-hdd so that one is still mounted ok. But network does not work until I reboot using the remote.

I then tried inserting:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 ssh quiet

But then I get no IP or anything network related when I boot up. Tried "Wait for network" to 30 seconds, but same result.

If I use a fresh installed 0304 sdcard everything works ok, that is if I don't enable fiq_fsm. If I do I get the same strange network disconnect when copying files from PC.

I'm using wired nic, confluence skin, no pvr, no addons, everything default, no wifi dongle, only CEC-remote. Same on both my RPi's

My settings are (and have been using for several months)

cmdline.txt
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ssh quiet

config.txt
gpu_mem=256

arm_freq=950
core_freq=450
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=1
initial_turbo=30

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1