• 231(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I've been downgrading and I'm now at build 20140228213243-r17825-g1744311 and it hasn't this problem (I skipped r17847 and r17866, I'm sorry)
(2014-03-12, 00:19)popcornmix Wrote: Can you confirm this issue is new (from about 1st March / small audio packet concatenation patch)?
You are definitely using Milhouse's latest build. (which fixed for me an issue exactly like the one you describe).

Yes, I ran some pretty thorough tests with all the builds from the last couple of weeks and that is when the issue started.

As for latest build:
Code:
OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.13.6 #1 PREEMPT Tue Mar 11 00:19:44 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
OpenELEC:~ # vcgencmd version
Mar 10 2014 21:47:27
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 2375441df366a702b88684435fa0df35497342eb (clean) (release)

I believe that is the right info for the latest build. I use the 'openelec dev update' add-on set to Milhouses builds, so unless there is an issue with the add-on or the server it is connecting to...
(2014-03-12, 00:20)Koloss Wrote:
PHP Code:
Schnittstelle192.168.0.12 --- 0x9
  Internetadresse       Physische Adresse     Typ
  192.168.0.1           xx
-xx...     dynamisch
  192.168.0.5           xx
-xx...     dynamisch
  192.168.0.10          xx
-xx...     dynamisch
  192.168.0.11          xx
-xx...     dynamisch
  192.168.0.254         xx
-xx...     dynamisch
  192.168.0.255         ff
-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff     statisch
  224.0.0.22           xx
-xx...     statisch
  224.0.0.251           xx
-xx...     statisch
  224.0.0.252           xx
-xx...     statisch
  224.1.1.1             xx
-xx...     statisch
  239.255.255.250       xx
-xx...     statisch 

192.168.0.12 = MINI
192.168.0.5 = PI

Timeout problem?

I don't know how exactly XBMC is resolving hostnames to IP addresses to MAC addresses, but if the client "Mini" isn't visible on the network then it seems unlikely that the Pi or XBMC will be able to determine the MAC address which it needs for the wakeonlan.xml file. I would suggest posting in the general section about this (the discussion thread is here) unless you are certain it's a Pi/OpenELEC issue (can you reproduce with stock OpenELEC 4.0 Beta?)

My guess is that you need all your remote servers switched on and connected to your network when you first enable this feature, otherwise it will fail to find the MAC address of any server that is not active on the network.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0312
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.6 #1 PREEMPT Wed Mar 12 00:22:33 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140312020133-r17896-g10b90c5

Based on tip of XBMC master (4d04fc3, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (10b90c5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 3643406 which I've replaced with a static spinner to avoid hammering the GUI)
  • Includes kernel 3.13.y-next commits (see below for details on enabling FIQ_FSM patch)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Updated WLAN firmware
  2. XBMC:
    • Speedup FileItem::IsSamePath (first fruits of database performance enhancements)
    • Album Information on a folder in files mode wasn't working. fixes #14874
    • Various PVR, paplayer and flac/wav codec updates
  3. newclock3:
    • [dvdplayer] Use inexact seeking like omxplayer
    • [omxcodec] More care with dropping frames quickly
    • Memphiz iOS7 Airplay fixes resulting from this post - not guaranteed to work, purely experimental, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is now enabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:I don't know how exactly XBMC is resolving hostnames to IP addresses to MAC addresses, but if the client "Mini" isn't visible on the network then it seems unlikely that the Pi or XBMC will be able to determine the MAC address which it needs for the wakeonlan.xml file. I would suggest posting in the general section about this (the discussion thread is here) unless you are certain it's a Pi/OpenELEC issue (can you reproduce with stock OpenELEC 4.0 Beta?)

My guess is that you need all your remote servers switched on and connected to your network when you first enable this feature, otherwise it will fail to find the MAC address of any server that is not active on the network.

PC and PI is on when i enable the option in the menu, i have test this with 2 PCs.

When i manual add "wakeonlan.xml", i think xbmc ignore the file.
When i test this with XBMC WOL addon, it running but only on pi starting.

I test today add Sources with IP(not hostname).
Why are you adding it manually?
Don´t add it manually, enable the internal settings in XBMC and the file will be generated correctly (you can then edit it if you want).
Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on access
I use this on 4 different platforms and it works quite well, even if the lookup adds a device that is not supported it will still work on all devices that does (with an error for the not working device).
(2014-03-12, 04:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0312

Based on tip of XBMC master (4d04fc3, changelog)

Milhouse can you confirm that this latest build includes this commit? It's the most recent commit in your changelog.

This is supposed to fix ticket 14776 but I found that, after installing this build, my RPi Config add-on still wouldn't launch via a Confluence shortcut.

I'll probably just wait and test it again with your next build.

With the 10th March build rebooting the Pi from XBMC turns off the TV. Are there any CEC changes in the latest firmware that could cause this? It's never happened before.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-03-12, 00:19)popcornmix Wrote: Thanks for info. I've played your file a dozen times and it has always started without noise.
Can you confirm this issue is new (from about 1st March / small audio packet concatenation patch)?
You are definitely using Milhouse's latest build. (which fixed for me an issue exactly like the one you describe).
I'm unable to test using dvdplayer due to dvdplayer not really working over here (256mb rpi) but for me omxplayer also has this short 'sound burst' at the beginning of playback.
It's not really doing any harm right now (really just a few ms of distortion/white noise) but it definitely is there and it also occurs on nearly all files I play.
Not talking about mp3 here but about regular mkv-files containing series and stuff.

€DIT: this definitely started occuring somewhere around the audio patch.
I would say about 1st of March should be where it started as I remember thinking that this could be related to the newest audio changes.
This issue did not start occuring somewhere in between, so I think it is related to the packet concatenation.

I've just confirmed that the issue still stands on the newest release from Milhouse:
Quote:OpenELEC (Milhouse) Version: devel-20140312020133-r17896-g10b90c5
OpenELEC git: 10b90c5c60c52cfe662aa89c06227ca467a5b6ef
OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.13.6 #1 PREEMPT Wed Mar 12 00:22:33 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
OpenELEC:~ # vcgencmd version
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom

I do not use passthrough as my TV is my playback-device.
If there is anything else I can figure out for you, please let me know.

This is the mediainfo of the file (playing the german audio stream):
Code:
General
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 1.39 GiB
Duration                                 : 40mn 32s
Overall bit rate                         : 4 917 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-09-17 20:54:44
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v5.0.1 ('Es ist Sommer') built on Oct 13 2011 06:24:21
Writing library                          : libebml v1.2.2 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : No
Format settings, ReFrames                : 2 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 4 243 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.184
Stream size                              : 1.20 GiB (86%)
Title                                    : tvp-leverage-s04e03-720p
Language                                 : German
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : Yes
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio #1
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Format profile                           : Dolby Digital
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 192 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 55.7 MiB (4%)
Language                                 : German
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : Yes

Audio #2
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 111 MiB (8%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No
I've played another two episodes before this one but their mediainfo equals the one above.

Regards

€DIT2:
Just did a fresh boot (wanted to enable debugging). Started the file above and only heard a short 'beep' (low pitched) instead of white noise.
Second start of the same file resulted in white noise then. There seems to be some connection to previously played files - but something also happens if the device has been freshly powered up and nothing was played before...

I've uploaded the section where the playback starts:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=147979
(2014-03-12, 11:56)Leopold Wrote: Milhouse can you confirm that this latest build includes this commit? It's the most recent commit in your changelog.

This is supposed to fix ticket 14776 but I found that, after installing this build, my RPi Config add-on still wouldn't launch via a Confluence shortcut.

I'll probably just wait and test it again with your next build.

Github says it is included so it should be there, best commenting on PR4371 or trac if not working.

(2014-03-12, 11:56)Leopold Wrote: With the 10th March build rebooting the Pi from XBMC turns off the TV. Are there any CEC changes in the latest firmware that could cause this? It's never happened before.
Not that I'm aware of - still the same with 12March build? OpenELEC changed the way rebooting and power off is handled in the 10 March build, can you reproduce with stock master built after 10 March?
(2014-03-12, 11:56)Leopold Wrote: With the 10th March build rebooting the Pi from XBMC turns off the TV. Are there any CEC changes in the latest firmware that could cause this? It's never happened before.

I'm not aware of anything changing, although I believe this is the expected behaviour if not disabled in settings/system/input/peripherals/CEC.
(2014-03-10, 14:42)RichG Wrote: I've found another strange issue with OMXPlayer - again with current build. Don't have time to right now to check which build this issue began, but can do later.

Zooming (I have remote keys to zoom in and out) does not zoom the image but only changes the framing (ie black line of the border). So zooming in (zoom amount decreasing) brings the frame inwards but doesn't change the video so the view gets smaller and shows less of the actual video. Conversely zooming out (zoom amount increasing) the frame moves outwards but the video does not change - when the frame size reaches beyond the screen the zooming effectively is doing nothing).

This is the same with all codecs I tried (XVID, H264, MP4).

DVDplayer does not show this behaviour and zooms as expected.

BTW I've disabled FIQ_FSM and so far no lock up issues after an hour or two of playing video.

(2014-03-12, 04:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0312
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.6 #1 PREEMPT Wed Mar 12 00:22:33 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140312020133-r17896-g10b90c5

Based on tip of XBMC master (4d04fc3, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (10b90c5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 3643406 which I've replaced with a static spinner to avoid hammering the GUI)
  • Includes kernel 3.13.y-next commits (see below for details on enabling FIQ_FSM patch)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Updated WLAN firmware
  2. XBMC:
    • Speedup FileItem::IsSamePath (first fruits of database performance enhancements)
    • Album Information on a folder in files mode wasn't working. fixes #14874
    • Various PVR, paplayer and flac/wav codec updates
  3. newclock3:
    • [dvdplayer] Use inexact seeking like omxplayer
    • [omxcodec] More care with dropping frames quickly
    • Memphiz iOS7 Airplay fixes resulting from this post - not guaranteed to work, purely experimental, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is now enabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7

Hi,,

With this build the "full screen zoom problem" is gone!!!
All 3D Movies has the correct black bars and the picture ist 16:9!!!!

Thx Millhouse/Popcornmix, great Job Wink

Greetz
J.
(2014-03-12, 11:46)miappa Wrote: Why are you adding it manually?
Don´t add it manually, enable the internal settings in XBMC and the file will be generated correctly (you can then edit it if you want).
Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on access
I use this on 4 different platforms and it works quite well, even if the lookup adds a device that is not supported it will still work on all devices that does (with an error for the not working device).

I have no problem under Windows xbmc.

On Pi :
I have delete "wakeonlan.xml" file and then activate
Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on Access

Test with IP:

Code:
OnJobComplete - Mac discovery failed for host '192.168.0.12'

My 2 PCs is installed Windows 8.1. I test with firewall disabled.
(2014-03-12, 20:39)Koloss Wrote:
Code:
OnJobComplete - Mac discovery failed for host '192.168.0.12'
Is a firewall running on host '192.168.0.12'? If so, you can test if that is the problem by temporarily turning it off. If it works with the firewall disabled, the fix would be in the firewall configuration.

Never mind. I guess you added your comment about the firewall at the same instant I was posting.
(2014-03-12, 20:39)Koloss Wrote: I have no problem under Windows xbmc.

It does sound like Windows has similar sounding WoL problems. Did you test Windows with a Gotham beta build?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188777
I have all firewalls disabled, router and PC

Windows: I tested with 12.3, now i tested with gotham beta please a moment...
In gotham beta running under windows!
  • 231(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223