• 266(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-31, 15:15)rbej Wrote: When i seek some movies (mkv) to beginning i dont have audio and picture freeze after few seconds.
Can you test with latest Milhouse build. Should have a fix.
(2014-04-07, 07:04)606u Wrote: Pretty much the same thing. Now, when I know where to look, I can see it on all of my rips, 16:9 too, its just harder there. Overscan disabled at my end.

Yes, I'm also seeing it with 16:9 material and dvdplayer.

The 2.5MB sample I uploaded to test libass demonstrates the problem quite clearly at the 00:15 mark when the screen is mostly filled with the sandy coloured face, there is a thin sandy coloured line at the top of the screen which should be dark as it's showing his hair.

When the same video is played back with omxplayer there is no sandy coloured line.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0407

I have downloaded twice but I am getting errors with tar file:-

Unexpected end of archive
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
My new ISP connection is a bit slower than usual, try downloading again (I don't normally post until it's uploaded but hit the reply button a bit early on this occasion).

The md5sum for the tar file is: 7194b4f7da7e883dde05c43203db1298 and the size is 117893120 bytes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-07, 15:05)MilhouseVH Wrote: My new ISP connection is a bit slower than usual, try downloading again (I don't normally post until it's uploaded but hit the reply button a bit early on this occasion).

The md5sum for the tar file is: 7194b4f7da7e883dde05c43203db1298 and the size is 117893120 bytes.

This now looks better, previous file lengths were only showing.. 97MB and 83MB respectively!Confused Latest download now 112MB as expected and opens correctlyWinkWink
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2014-04-07, 14:08)MilhouseVH Wrote: Yes, I'm also seeing it with 16:9 material and dvdplayer.

The 2.5MB sample I uploaded to test libass demonstrates the problem quite clearly at the 00:15 mark when the screen is mostly filled with the sandy coloured face, there is a thin sandy coloured line at the top of the screen which should be dark as it's showing his hair.

When the same video is played back with omxplayer there is no sandy coloured line.

I see it. Bottom line of video appears at top. Right line of video appears at left.

EDIT: Fix pushed to newclock3.
(2014-04-07, 16:17)popcornmix Wrote: I see it. Bottom line of video appears at top. Right line of video appears at left.

EDIT: Fix pushed to newclock3.

Thanks very much, works well - have updated the previous release post with #0407b.
Hi all,

I've searched both this forum and the openelec.tv forum trying to get my wifi adapter working. It looks like the adapter won't start when I check the messages in dmesg. I've tried all the latest builds from: http://snapshots.openelec.tv/ and from this topic I've tried the Milhouse builds. The message I get is:

Code:
[    3.046701] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[    3.141620] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=050d, idProduct=21f2
[    3.141659] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    3.141678] usb 1-1.3: Product: Belkin Wireless Adapter
[    3.141697] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Realtek
[    3.141713] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001

And after this, nothing happens. When I look into the settings of Openelec, nothing is detected either.

Am I doing something wrong, other than buying the stupid ISW N300 obviously Confused Or is there a way to force a specific USB device to use a driver (RTL8192CU) ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Paul
(2014-04-07, 21:57)Paul_dH Wrote: Am I doing something wrong, other than buying the stupid ISW N300 obviously Confused Or is there a way to force a specific USB device to use a driver (RTL8192CU) ?
You should discuss it with the OpenELEC developers. The RTL8192CU driver is supported, and if it's not working with this specific dongle it's either a bug/defect, or more likely a missing vendor/product id which means the driver isn't recognising the hardware. Open an issue on the OpenELEC github and provide the lsusb details, with luck they'll add the necessary support.

Edit: A quick look at RTL8192CU-v4.0.2_9000.20130911/os_dep/linux/usb_intf.c confirms that the combination of vendor id 050d and product id 21f2 is not currently supported by the RTL8192CU driver:
Code:
$ grep -i 050d usb_intf.c
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x1102)},/* Belkin - Edimax */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x2102)},/* Belkin - Sercomm */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x2103)},/* Belkin - Edimax */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x1004)}, /* Belkin - Edimax */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x110A)}, /* Belkin - Edimax */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x1105)}, /* Belkin - Edimax */ \
        {USB_DEVICE(0x050D, 0x120A)}, /* Belkin - Edimax */ \
$ grep -i 21f2 usb_intf.c
$

Assuming this is definitely the correct driver for your hardware, then you should try and get the correct vendorid/productid added in OpenELEC as a temporary measure, and preferably upstream in Linux itself.

It may be possible to add a udev rule to load this driver for this device. OpenELEC developers can probably advise.
(2014-04-07, 21:57)Paul_dH Wrote: Hi all,

I've searched both this forum and the openelec.tv forum trying to get my wifi adapter working. It looks like the adapter won't start when I check the messages in dmesg. I've tried all the latest builds from: http://snapshots.openelec.tv/ and from this topic I've tried the Milhouse builds. The message I get is:

Code:
[    3.046701] usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
[    3.141620] usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=050d, idProduct=21f2
[    3.141659] usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    3.141678] usb 1-1.3: Product: Belkin Wireless Adapter
[    3.141697] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Realtek
[    3.141713] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001

And after this, nothing happens. When I look into the settings of Openelec, nothing is detected either.

Am I doing something wrong, other than buying the stupid ISW N300 obviously Confused Or is there a way to force a specific USB device to use a driver (RTL8192CU) ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Paul

please try:

Code:
modprobe 8192cu
echo "050d 21f2" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8192cu/new_id

and paste dmesg, lsmod output and test if the stick will be shown in our connection manager
greetings, Stephan

New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0408
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.0 #1 PREEMPT Tue Apr 8 06:33:36 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr  7 2014 14:14:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f85d26d96b56f0e29e1ac37fbf65050eb923c32a (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140408062145-r18117-gccda938

Based on tip of XBMC master (687d987, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (ccda938, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for a27edcd, a patch to avoid hammering the GUI, which has been replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Includes newclock3: "More efficient infobool expression evaluator" (reverted in stock OpenELEC)
  • Includes newclock3: "Allow small audio packets to be concatenated to make better use of audio fifo" (reverted in stock OpenELEC)
Build Highlights:

New firmware, plus several important new patches in newclock3 including:
  • dvdplayer patches that were not present in omxplayer (PR4534)
  • Changes to the multichannel Pi Sink code to extract the matrix by submitting identity samples, rather than poking at internal structures
  • Adjusted omxplayer to use the same scheme as Pi Sink to get the multichannel matrix. This will result in a different mixing matrix from before, but should be consistent with what XBMC does on other platforms
  • Switched to Mitchell Netravali resizing kernel exclusively, and made the sharpness control adjust the sharpness
  • Added the ability to collect omxplayer video and audio stream data for debugging purposes (see item #4 in "Additional Testing Notes" for details)
  1. New Firmware Apr 07:
    • firmware: image_encode: Fix that works for both buffers and tunnelling. See: link
    • firmware: video_decode: Allow ts fifo to be forced off with avoid_fix_ts=2 See: link
    • userland: tvservice: Enhance callback mechanism. See link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • sqlite: update to sqlite-autoconf-3080403
    • busybox: add applet 'pgrep'
    • simplejson: update to simplejson-3.4.0
    • make: update to make-4.0
    • gcc: add patch to workaround aginst bug GCC-49423
    • projects/RPi/options: add RTL8723AU driver support
    • pcre: update to pcre-8.35
    • kmod: update to kmod-17
  3. newclock3:
    • [PiSink] Remove unneeded header and use CAEChannelInfo directly
    • [omxplayer] Remove PCMRemap and handle multichannel mixing like ActiveAE does
    • [omxplayer] factor out the omxplayer busy dialog waiting
    • [omxplayer] fixed, compiler warning
    • [omxplayer] Fix infinite loop if (next) bluray title can not be played
    • [omxplayer] Disable menu icon of the VideoOSD if a bluray is played in non nav mode
    • [omxplayer] use startpts as a time reference if no other is available. This avoids display of wrong time after seek, due to lack of timestamps
    • [omxplayer] Make the sharpness control act as a sharpness control. This fixes scaling kernel as Mitchell Netravali, and varies sharpness over range B=[5/3,0] C=[-1/3,1/2]
    • [omxplayer] Add ability to dump out audio/video data for later debugging

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

3. The FIQ_FSM patch is currently disabled by default in OpenELEC master. See the FIQ_FSM announce thread for details.

One new feature, currently disabled by default, is accelerated support of high-speed isochronous transactions (webcams, real time devices, etc.). There's a possibility this could be used by ALSA or DVB modules (although not always) which may affect some users (hopefully for the better). If you might benefit from this, enable by adding the following option to the end of the line in your /flash/cmdline.txt file:
    Code:
    dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7

4. These test builds include the option to dump omxplayer audio and video packets to a file for later debugging. This is for issues with Live TV or streaming plugins that popcornmix can't access.

In Settings -> System -> Debugging, enable "Debug logging" then in verbose logging enable "Dump video frames to debug file" and/or "Dump audio frames to debug file". These files will appear in ~/.xbmc/temp as audio.dat and video.dat. Hopefully popcornmix can then use these files when debugging issues.

Note: dvdplayer and paplayer do not (yet?) support this debug capability and will not generate any debug data.
I still got that stutter in video playback streams and can't fins a solution, Like I said before, when I look at a movie/serie and the camera goes from left to right for exampe, I notice a stutter
anyone else having problems downloading new builds? when i click the link, it just times out.
I have built Openelec (git code from yesterday) without stuff I don't use (webserver, bluetooth, samba, dvd support, almost everything else is disabled at build time). At startup I get the message "WebServer failed to start" (right after the CEC remote is detected message). I don't need the webserver so thats fine, but the message is irritating (why is it trying to start a webserver when its build without one)? Everything else is fine for me (obviously I dont use a lot of its functionality).

I'd like to see btrfs-progs as a package though! Openelec uses bleeding edge kernels and btrfs is no longer experimental (not really anyway)...so no reason to not use btrf for /storage. I like its compression and ssd (trim) support for my flash media and use it with openelec, for both /storage and my external usb "media harddrive" without any problems.
(2014-04-08, 10:56)FAMMAR Wrote: I still got that stutter in video playback streams and can't fins a solution, Like I said before, when I look at a movie/serie and the camera goes from left to right for exampe, I notice a stutter

What is frame rate of movie? (post output of http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo)
Does TV support frame rate of movie? (most are ~24 fps, and TV will need to support 1080p24).
Does TV change mode when playing the video?
What is the frame rate of TV when playing the video (show output of "tvservice -s").
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223