• 270(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-04-09, 16:59)tomer953 Wrote: openelec beta 3.95.2 \ 3.95.3 -
LG Scarlet 42" remote control works fine with HDMI-CEC, but after few min\hours on other source "like AV1" and going back to HDMI3 (XBMC) the remote not responding.
I don't know how much time it takes to make him freeze, but it happen all the time.
There is NO screensaver in xbmc,
and when the remote stop working, I connect to xbmc from my iphone - (XBMC Constellation) - then I move any arrow from my iphone, and then suddenly the remote works again!

any soulotion ?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
@tomer953: Can you confirm the same behaviour with OpenELEC 4 Beta 5?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse and Sraue,

Thank you both for the help! This is great, I will test the latest build tonight.
(2014-04-10, 01:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 00:23)pplucky Wrote: @popcornmix: Above shown behavior in external srt subtitle while reproducing 3D SBS mkv file, still not fixed. Any ideas?

Can you upload the srt file and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
Of course, here it is.
(2014-04-10, 01:12)Mafarricos Wrote: Update:
With FIQ FSM enabled in last release movies freeze in playback.

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
WiFi dongle don't work

With this:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
Everything is OK.

My dongle:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

Is this behaviour repeatable? How long is it typically before the freeze?
(2014-04-09, 23:03)MrNice Wrote: This is not what I'd like and I am waiting FernetMenta add-on:
Quote:We intend let users configure the downmix matrix in a future version of XBMC.

I'd like to include that patch once it builds (and there are no other audio problems) however PR4402 is stale and unusable right now, and showing no signs of being updated (rebased).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hello, I can not download the latest version automatically exit after me goes slow and freezes and gives me error. you can get the link to download it manually? Thank you.
Anyone rise having memory issues with latest build.
Twice since last night the pi has slowed to a crawl.
CPU usage and temps are normal but only have <10% memory free.
Usually see 40-60% free
BTW top and free are broken in last, maybe, two builds:
Code:
Mem: 345032K used, 36380K free, 0K shrd, 15892240K buff, 15892288K cached
CPU: 13.8% usr  5.7% sys  0.8% nic 79.3% idle  0.0% io  0.0% irq  0.2% sirq
Load average: 0.12 0.23 0.30 1/103 1473
free:
Code:
total         used         free       shared      buffers
Mem:        381412       345032        36380            0        34104
-/+ buffers:             310928        70484
Swap:            0            0            0
/proc/meminfo:
Code:
MemFree:           36348 kB
MemAvailable:     172432 kB
Buffers:           34104 kB
Cached:           245848 kB
(2014-04-09, 21:54)allan87 Wrote: To clarify, my issue is no sound with 5.1 passthrough audio.

2.0 passthrough audio is working normally and I have not tested 5.1 audio not using passthrough. It is the combination of 5.1 audio AND passthrough that is not working for me.
Issue resolved. Possibly had something with the TV that was fixed by cycling it.

Exactly the same problem. Movies with 5.1 audio passthrough now display as 2.0 sound on my Onkyo NR515. This is the last 2 weeks I guess. I disabled passthrough for now to get 5.1 sound.

I will try to do a complete reset. Does anyone else have this problem?
(2014-04-10, 12:29)pplucky Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 01:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 00:23)pplucky Wrote: @popcornmix: Above shown behavior in external srt subtitle while reproducing 3D SBS mkv file, still not fixed. Any ideas?

Can you upload the srt file and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
Of course, here it is.

Works fine here on beta 5
On previous builds I had to manually set the movie to side by side in system->system->video output, if I chose same as movie (autodetect) the GUI and .srt sub would not split.

Try this:
Go to system->system->video output
Set -preferred mode (right under stereoscopic mode) to side by side.
Go to system->videos->playback
Set playback of stereoscopic videos to: use preferred mode.
Alternatively set it to ask me, if you choose this approach then choose side by side and not same as video, autodetect (even though it says side by side) in the question box that pops up when the movie begins.

All my 3D movies .srt and GUI works fine now though.

Official beta5
Hi,
I have the following problem with openelec on the pi. If I connect the pi through my Yamaha RX-V475 AV-receiver everything is fine until xbmc starts, but then the connection between the pi and the receiver doesn't work anymore.
My TV switches between a black screen (maybe from the avr) and xbmc or it shows "no signal". The hdmi input/output status on my receiver blinks irregular, because it can't get a stable connection. I tried the latest openelec beta (3.95.5) and the stable version. Both don't work. If I connect the pi directly to my tv the problem disappears. With an other receiver (RX-V471) and an other tv the problem also doesn't occur. I tried different hdmi cables and inputs of the receiver. HDMI CEC is disabled in XBMC. It seems that there is a problem with the pi and the RX-V475.
(2014-04-10, 21:07)tdn135 Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:54)allan87 Wrote: To clarify, my issue is no sound with 5.1 passthrough audio.

2.0 passthrough audio is working normally and I have not tested 5.1 audio not using passthrough. It is the combination of 5.1 audio AND passthrough that is not working for me.
Issue resolved. Possibly had something with the TV that was fixed by cycling it.

Exactly the same problem. Movies with 5.1 audio passthrough now display as 2.0 sound on my Onkyo NR515. This is the last 2 weeks I guess. I disabled passthrough for now to get 5.1 sound.

I will try to do a complete reset. Does anyone else have this problem?

Normal behavior as I can read.. Depending on your setup.. I get 5.1 with a speaker setup of 2.0
It happened quite some builds ago.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_Settings
(2014-04-10, 22:04)XSplash Wrote: Hi,
I have the following problem with openelec on the pi. If I connect the pi through my Yamaha RX-V475 AV-receiver everything is fine until xbmc starts, but then the connection between the pi and the receiver doesn't work anymore.
My TV switches between a black screen (maybe from the avr) and xbmc or it shows "no signal". The hdmi input/output status on my receiver blinks irregular, because it can't get a stable connection. I tried the latest openelec beta (3.95.5) and the stable version. Both don't work. If I connect the pi directly to my tv the problem disappears. With an other receiver (RX-V471) and an other tv the problem also doesn't occur. I tried different hdmi cables and inputs of the receiver. HDMI CEC is disabled in XBMC. It seems that there is a problem with the pi and the RX-V475.
Have you tried boosting the hdmi signal: http://elinux.org/RPiconfig
There's a couple to play around with you can start with hdmi_safe=1 and see if you can narrow in the exact course if that works.. Or individually for example hdmi_boost=4.

I'm not sure it will work wonders but its worth a try?
(2014-04-10, 21:29)tuxen Wrote: Works fine here on beta 5
On previous builds I had to manually set the movie to side by side in system->system->video output, if I chose same as movie (autodetect) the GUI and .srt sub would not split.

Try this:
Go to system->system->video output
Set -preferred mode (right under stereoscopic mode) to side by side.
Go to system->videos->playback
Set playback of stereoscopic videos to: use preferred mode.
Alternatively set it to ask me, if you choose this approach then choose side by side and not same as video, autodetect (even though it says side by side) in the question box that pops up when the movie begins.

All my 3D movies .srt and GUI works fine now though.

Official beta5
Tried that on latest Milhouse build and it still doesn't work. Need to try official beta 5 then...

With the above setup, TV doesn't switch automatically to 3D mode. Does that also happen to you?
  • 270(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223