• 272(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Build #0411 updated to #0411b.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-11, 22:47)MilhouseVH Wrote: Build #0411 updated to #0411b.

Thanks.

Couple of new things to test. The list of refresh rates now contains pal and ntsc variants (e.g. 24 and 23.98).
If most of your content is 23.98 you can set the system refrsh to 23.98 and you won't have the hdmi switching delay when playing most content.

If you set "adjust refresh rate to match video" to always and then play a file with a framerate that changes, or is incorrectly reported in container
(e.g. mediainfo reports different framerate/original framerate because video is 23.98fps, but actual frames are at 25fps) then TV will adjust refresh rate when this is discovered.

This may mean the TV adjusts at start, and then again after few seconds.
There is a chance this could false alarm, so report if any video triggers this when you don't believe it should.

Changing "adjust refresh..." to on start/stop should avoid the new behaviour.
I have been trying few times to enable dvdplayer but each time I enabled it crashes xbmc and wipes all the skin settings the international clock and xbmc reverts to default skin. However If it crashes again it doesn't wipe the settings so it is very weird.

If you need any other information let me know

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=172098
(2014-04-11, 13:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 00:01)pplucky Wrote: Need to try official beta 5 then...

With the above setup, TV doesn't switch automatically to 3D mode. Does that also happen to you?

xbmc master doesn't support switching the TV into 3D mode, nor does gotham beta 5.
It's only an experimental feature in newclock3 that is known to not be perfect. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3072

Ah.. It's was my TV that switched it to 3D mode that explains the inconsistantcy.. I thought I turned it off.
Btw. As said subtitle file also rendered fine here.
Airplay didnot running, i cannot see pi as airplay device on ipad or iphone!
(2014-04-11, 10:31)da-anda Wrote: @tuxen - check the MKV header of that SBS file - it might be wrong and have a OU flag.

Hmm.. The stereoscopic flag is blank. It is set on most of my other files, but not all they are detected as SBS though.
I'll try set the flag to SBS.

Edit: That didn't work, XBMC still detects it as OU.. Odd. I'm using the header editor in mkvmerge.
Edit edit: Here is the header info (after I changed the flag) http://pastebin.com/syadhvGR

Am I doing something wrong?
(2014-04-12, 12:29)tuxen Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 10:31)da-anda Wrote: @tuxen - check the MKV header of that SBS file - it might be wrong and have a OU flag.

Hmm.. The stereoscopic flag is blank. It is set on most of my other files.

Edit: That didn't work.. Odd.

You can override the stereoscopic flag for each video using the video OSD. Just change stereoscopic mode (it will remember this setting for each video).
(2014-04-12, 12:02)Koloss Wrote: Airplay didnot running, i cannot see pi as airplay device on ipad or iphone!

Can you confirm if this is also the case with OpenELEC 4 Beta 5? Let's try to restrict discussion to issues *only* found in these test builds as a result of the experimental patches. Issues that already exist in the stock builds should be discussed in the OpenELEC Beta thread, or raised as issues on OpenELEC github. There is also an Airplay thread somewhere.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-12, 12:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 12:29)tuxen Wrote:

Hmm.. The stereoscopic flag is blank. It is set on most of my other files.

Edit: That didn't work.. Odd.

You can override the stereoscopic flag for each video using the video OSD. Just change stereoscopic mode (it will remember this setting for each video).

Yeah I know..
But I got it to work with auto detection now! I checked all settings clicked through them so they where set right and to see if I missed something. I then rebooted and now it works perfectly. It's been a few days since I power cycled maybe it needed that.
Anyway it works great now. I can not re-create the problem anymore, and I feel a little stupid. Heh

Thanks a lot for the pointers I was not aware of the flag before.
(2014-04-12, 13:09)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 12:02)Koloss Wrote: Airplay didnot running, i cannot see pi as airplay device on ipad or iphone!

Can you confirm if this is also the case with OpenELEC 4 Beta 5? Let's try to restrict discussion to issues *only* found in these test builds as a result of the experimental patches. Issues that already exist in the stock builds should be discussed in the OpenELEC Beta thread, or raised as issues on OpenELEC github. There is also an Airplay thread somewhere.

It works here on beta 5, but it seems unstable sometimes the icon dissapires. It's very seldom though, and was the same for me with 3.2.4 and further down.
Try power cycle the wifi/iPad or the RPi. It seems like its loosing a handshake sometimes.
One of the above options always brings it back for me though.

I just checked and there was no problems with:
OpenELEC beta 5
iPad iOS 7.0.4
iPhone iOS 5.0.1 (heh)
Found That in 1280x720, when it is in 4:3 and stretched to 16:3 on my sony bravia it plays for a second then goes unsuported format and the screen goes black.
(2014-04-12, 14:07)tuxen Wrote: It works here on beta 5, but it seems unstable sometimes the icon dissapires. It's very seldom though, and was the same for me with 3.2.4 and further down.
Try power cycle the wifi/iPad or the RPi. It seems like its loosing a handshake sometimes.
One of the above options always brings it back for me though.

I just checked and there was no problems with:
OpenELEC beta 5
iPad iOS 7.0.4
iPhone iOS 5.0.1 (heh)

But you're saying there *is* a problem with one of my test builds? My test builds should be using the same Airplay patches as they've now been committed upstream in XBMC, not sure which newclock3 or other experimental commit would be conflicting with Airplay in this way.
Is it possible to have a tick next to played music/audio tracks? The same way there is small tick next played videos that can be toggled off/on.
(2014-04-12, 18:33)Wanderlei Wrote: Is it possible to have a tick next to played music/audio tracks? The same way there is small tick next played videos that can be toggled off/on.

That sounds like like a general xbmc feature request, rather than anything to do with these builds.
Hello, I installed the new generation OpenELEC 20140411 0411b and I noticed a delay of frame refresh rates in both 1080p HD video mkv 720p (slows down the film when the video sequence speeds up), I have tried different video that ran before without problems . Perhaps it is due to the fact that you have added the new frequency at 23.98? I use the setting automatically based on the file that I play, when you first started out HD video was set automatically to 24 while for the SD video was set to 50. Use a TV PANASONIC VT20 and upload frequency to 60.50 and 24 fps, maybe depends on it? Someone noticed these problems besides me? Sorry if sometimes you break the boxes but being a development build I try to do this with the problems I will prensentano occasionally.
  • 272(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223