• 273(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-04-12, 19:56)marcavatar Wrote: Hello, I installed the new generation OpenELEC 20140411 0411b and I noticed a delay of frame refresh rates in both 1080p HD video mkv 720p (slows down the film when the video sequence speeds up), I have tried different video that ran before without problems . Perhaps it is due to the fact that you have added the new frequency at 23.98? I use the setting automatically based on the file that I play, when you first started out HD video was set automatically to 24 while for the SD video was set to 50. Use a TV PANASONIC VT20 and upload frequency to 60.50 and 24 fps, maybe depends on it? Someone noticed these problems besides me? Sorry if sometimes you break the boxes but being a development build I try to do this with the problems I will prensentano occasionally.

I haven't really understood what you are describing. Could you upload a video to youtube of what you are seeing?

Can you also test with the previous Milhouse build and confirm the problem is new to this build.
I meant when I start a movie mkv full HD 1080p or 720p at 24 refrsh the movie performs slowly when sudden and repeated scenes of the movie become handled, the movies are the same that I used to do before the last update and are not presented these problems.
(2014-04-12, 15:14)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 14:07)tuxen Wrote: It works here on beta 5, but it seems unstable sometimes the icon dissapires. It's very seldom though, and was the same for me with 3.2.4 and further down.
Try power cycle the wifi/iPad or the RPi. It seems like its loosing a handshake sometimes.
One of the above options always brings it back for me though.

I just checked and there was no problems with:
OpenELEC beta 5
iPad iOS 7.0.4
iPhone iOS 5.0.1 (heh)

But you're saying there *is* a problem with one of my test builds? My test builds should be using the same Airplay patches as they've now been committed upstream in XBMC, not sure which newclock3 or other experimental commit would be conflicting with Airplay in this way.

Nono I'm not saying there's a problem with your test build koloss said that. I'm just confirming that it works on beta5 and the icon sometimes dissapires in any version so he should try one of the options I gave that brought it back on official builds. I happily try your latest build but I think it will work it did last I tested one of them. Smile

Edit: hold on ill test our lastest build and settle this.
@milhouseVH: Airplay works absolutely fine for me with your latest build (0411b) and the before listed iOS devices! Thanks for what you guys are doing btw. Love the true PAL/NTSC modes, and are going to test them further.

@koloss: Try one of the options I wrote, like I said a simple off/on of wifi/iOS device usually brings the Airplay icon back.
Thanks tuxen!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Btw: Just a heads up, with newclock3 in milhouseVH build my TV also get a automatic "switch to 3D mode" signal that it didn't get with official. It seems to work good, I have not encountered a movie that does not auto switch the TV yet. (this time I remembered to turn the horrible auto detection off in the TV)

Thanks for the info popcornmix.
(2014-04-12, 20:49)marcavatar Wrote: I meant when I start a movie mkv full HD 1080p or 720p at 24 refrsh the movie performs slowly when sudden and repeated scenes of the movie become handled, the movies are the same that I used to do before the last update and are not presented these problems.

Not really understanding.
Anyone else seeing problems like this?
(2014-04-11, 02:06)tuxen Wrote: I can see from your screenshot that neither the SBS splitting of the GUI nor subtitles is happening for you, it's like its oppersite, does the automatic switch to correct 3D mode work? Do you get the stereoscopic mode "ask" box when you start a movie?
I didn't get that stereoscopic mode "ask" until I set the stereoscopic mode to SBS manually in the video individual settings during movie playback. After that, a whole new world opened up (GUI seems to correctly shown and subtitles also, as well as 3D movie playback).

(2014-04-11, 13:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 00:01)pplucky Wrote: xbmc master doesn't support switching the TV into 3D mode, nor does gotham beta 5.
It's only an experimental feature in newclock3 that is known to not be perfect. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3072
Didn't know that, but it seems to be working well, after the SBS definition in the individual video settings while playing the video.

(2014-04-11, 16:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 02:17)pplucky Wrote: Nope, like this:

Correct subtitle should be:
TIM BURTON APRESENTA O
ESTRANHO MUNDO DE JACK

Edit: Don't know if it is relevant, but it behaves the same in omxplayer or DVDplayer.

I've just tried your subtitle file, and it renders correctly for me.
What resolution are you using in settings/system/video? What is GUI resolution set to? What is resolution of video file?

Does it play correctly with openelec gotham beta 5?
Everything seems to work well now, both in Gotham beta 5 or Milhouse build. It seems to me that probably my 3D file is not correct in terms of mkv header flags, so XBMC is not being able to interpret it automatically as 3D (causing those strange behavior when playing the movie). I will check this and also try with some other 3D file.

I'm sorry that I may have raised a false question, but wouldn't it make sense to have some alternate way of XBMC determining if a movie file is 3D or not (using the name as worst case scenario if everything else fails Huh), rather than having to set it up manually for every 3D file in my library (in the video settings during playback)? Maybe some setting in advancedsettings.xml?

@popcornmix: What do you think of the above suggestion to deal with these 3D files with missing mkv header flags identifying it as such?
(2014-04-12, 22:35)tuxen Wrote: @koloss: Try one of the options I wrote, like I said a simple off/on of wifi/iOS device usually brings the Airplay icon back.

No, i cannot see the Airplay icons on my devices, i have ios 7.1!
(2014-04-13, 00:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 20:49)marcavatar Wrote: I meant when I start a movie mkv full HD 1080p or 720p at 24 refrsh the movie performs slowly when sudden and repeated scenes of the movie become handled, the movies are the same that I used to do before the last update and are not presented these problems.

Not really understanding.
Anyone else seeing problems like this?
Not exactly but, since few builds livestreams/rtmp's are time-warping and flickering the first few seconds of play. And sometimes the system just freeze, more often as usual while trying to play a stream. No such problems with beta 5...
(2014-04-13, 04:43)pplucky Wrote: @popcornmix: What do you think of the above suggestion to deal with these 3D files with missing mkv header flags identifying it as such?

Read: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=3D
Including 3D.SBS in filename would indicate 3D support for example.
(2014-04-13, 08:40)botribun Wrote: Not exactly but, since few builds livestreams/rtmp's are time-warping and flickering the first few seconds of play. And sometimes the system just freeze, more often as usual while trying to play a stream. No such problems with beta 5...

Can I have a debug log?
Can you identify the first milhouse build that exhibits this problem?
Can you reproduce the behaviour with a local file?
(2014-04-13, 11:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 04:43)pplucky Wrote: @popcornmix: What do you think of the above suggestion to deal with these 3D files with missing mkv header flags identifying it as such?

Read: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=3D
Including 3D.SBS in filename would indicate 3D support for example.
OK, then my suggestion was already considered without knowing it.

Still then, this didn't work properly! As I mentioned, 3D file playback only worked properly after changing the video settings during playback to SBS.

Filename is 'The.Nightmare.Before.Christmas.3D.1993.H-3DSBS.H264.Multi.AC3.3D4ALL.Ex-3DBlurayisoTeam.mkv'. Could this be because 3D is stated 4 times in the filename?
(2014-04-13, 11:46)pplucky Wrote: Filename is 'The.Nightmare.Before.Christmas.3D.1993.H-3DSBS.H264.Multi.AC3.3D4ALL.Ex-3DBlurayisoTeam.mkv'. Could this be because 3D is stated 4 times in the filename?

I think "3D.SBS" is required. (Looks like SBS needs delimiters of ".", " ", "-" or "_".
@pplucky - the filename parser is working in two steps. First it check for the keyword "3D" anywhere in the file (which is present in your example filename). If this is given, it's looking for (H)SBS and (H)TAB surrounded by one of these delimiters: ".", " ", "-", "_". Your filename does not match this rule because it's using "H-3DSBS" as keyword. To make it work you would have to extend the regular expression used to match SBS/OU to also check for this keyword. See default regex: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L404
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223