Reset skin settings
I know this is a newbee question by how do I reset my skin to the original when I downloaded XBMC programHuh:Huh
unless the skin provides such an option (i don't know if any of them do),
it's not really possible to do so.

the only option (which will reset all settings, including the xbmc ones)
is the delete the guisettings.xml file in your userdata folder.
(this should be done when xbmc is *not* running)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Wow I think I will give it a shot
Can't hurt I guess I could uninstall and reinstall if need be
Just hate to have to redo all that I have done ;-((
Thank you for the quick reply
'Skin.ResetSettings' should work but not many skins use it. You'll need to modify your skin by adding a button control (SkinSettings.xml is a good a place).

Code:
<control type="button">
    <label>Reset skin settings</label>
    <onclick>Skin.ResetSettings</onclick>
    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
</control>
Within the Hybrid skin GUI, I could not find a way to change to any other skin, much less back to the default Confluence skin. Removing guisettings.xml and restarting XMBC still works but... is this really still the only way to do this? If so, why should a skin be allowed to permanently hijack the GUI skin selection? IMHO, there should be a skin coding standard that requires retention of a skin change option from within the GUI.
(2014-08-04, 19:48)rshannon Wrote: Within the Hybrid skin GUI, I could not find a way to change to any other skin, much less back to the default Confluence skin. Removing guisettings.xml and restarting XMBC still works but... is this really still the only way to do this? If so, why should a skin be allowed to permanently hijack the GUI skin selection? IMHO, there should be a skin coding standard that requires retention of a skin change option from within the GUI.

Just installed Hybrid and it's the same as another skin -

System > Appearance > Skin > Skin
(2014-01-30, 03:20)Steveb Wrote: 'Skin.ResetSettings' should work but not many skins use it. You'll need to modify your skin by adding a button control (SkinSettings.xml is a good a place).

Code:
<control type="button">
    <label>Reset skin settings</label>
    <onclick>Skin.ResetSettings</onclick>
    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
</control>

Hi there, wow this is almost what i need!.

Is there a way to make kodi restart the skin

somehing like

Code:
<control type="script">
     <control>
    <label>Restart skin</label>
    <onclick>StopSkin ; ReloadSkin() </onclick>
     </control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset skin settings0