repathing thumbnail previews
I have all my home videos and photos stored on my NAS at home. I have xbmc installed on my laptop and I had originally connected to my NAS as a local windows SMB.

Thumbnail previews of my home videos and photos were generated and stored onto my laptop for the local NAS.

Now, I want to change the NAS from a local SMB to an sftp server so that I can access the files remotely as well.

How can I repath the home video and photos thumbnail previews so that I still see the previews now that I'm using an sftp address instead?

Thanks
Look at example #2 http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Path_substitution
I don't think example 2 is right. I think example 1 might be. I'll give that a try thanks.

My thumbnails stay in the same folder on my laptop. It's my NAS that's getting a different address - from local to sftp.
Another way to go about this is to export library to seperate files before you change to sftp. Remove the sources you have set up and clean the library. Now add new sources and scrape in. It will use local posters etc. If you want to look at keeping watched state you need the advancedsettingsxml importwatchedstate as well.

This will keep the preferred posters and such but the thumbnail cache will be rebuild. I prefer this way because you are not using path substitution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
repathing thumbnail previews0