• 14(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
Would it be possible to fit a discrete GPU in the ASROCK Q1900-ITX PCI slot? If so, which passive GPU would you recommend? Any passive case to hold all that inside you may suggest? I guess the PSU depends on the GPU.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Don't do that. It sucks :-) (without arguments)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes, it sucks. use at least a PCI-e 1x port.
Hi Guys,
So I've got my Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V here up and running Win 8.1 pro update on the F2 bios without any issues at all. Loving it!

Fanless, silent bliss. 15 watts idle and not much more maxxed out. Got a little 80w pico psu in a little mini-box mini-itx case and about to put it in the Coolermaster Elite 130 that just arrived today so I can use the Full PCI slot.

Running the Ripjaws cas 9 4gb pair with an 840Evo 250GB. Smooth as can be. Really nice little rig. Actually snappier and seems to multitask better than my old Q6600 I upgraded from.

Similar passmark scores. I've got around 2118 on my Win7 that I cloned over from my old PC to this new one using the Samsung data migration software. It worked fine. I loaded the Win 7 drivers from Gigabytes site and all worked great. Here's my passmark result for Win 7: http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/dis...2850662080

I'll post my 8.1 Pro results in a few minutes. Should be very similar. I just ran it and got 2079 CPU mark but it wouldn't let me upload it as I had the Rapid mode enabled on the SSD. Will redo and post.
Edit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184930&page=14 =2118 CPU. But overall passmark rating is lower at only 203 vs 817. Not sure why. Looks like perhaps the stock drivers that come via the Windows update service just aren't cutting it. I'll install all the Gigabyte drivers and redo yet again. Good to know.

So all in all, this is the first silent PC I can actually call a 'real' PC that I can use for surfing with 25+ tabs open with NO lag. My 2820 NUC couldn't do that as it was only single channel memory and had a passmark score of around 1000. So this is the perfect solution for someone trying to save on wattage and noise like me. I was at 230 watts on my old PC. Now I'm at 15. Awesomeness. Plus it is stable as can be and has an onboard 24bit 192Khz sound card. Can't beat that. And a full PCI slot and two nics. The only thing I wished this had was onboard DC power and an HDMI port. Right Now I'm using a DVI to HDMI adapter. Still love it.

Oh, and be sure to buy a Molex to 4-pin aux power cable if you use the mini-box PicoPsu. I didn't realize this board had Aux power, but it won't boot without it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066I...UTF8&psc=1

Anyway, anyone interested in me running any specific XBMC tests? You'll have to be specific on what you want tested and how.

Hope that helps.
R
Can you play that sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...formers.ts and choose scaling algorithm lanczos 3 optimized, set Deinterlace to Auto and Deinterlace Method also to auto? I want to see if the windows driver is any faster.

How many fps do you get?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sure. All new to me on those tweaks though. I'll try and find them. And which version of XMBC? Latest nightly?
Press "enter" while playing and click on the movie reel icon, there you can enable them. Don't be too sad if it stutters all the way up :-)
Photo 
Nice to talk to and help out a dev though. Cool stuff.

Okay. I found it. I had to type "o" to display the onscreen metrics.

FPS. = 14.15 fps on average. I took some pics and video. I'll upload it if it helps. Seems to play alright. No major dropouts. Just a slow frame rate, so not buttery fast, but it is 'smooth' considering it's only going 14fps. But it plays just fine.

I used this: XBMCSetup-20140419-51d4cbd-Gotham

Update: Well, my smartphone recorded video was not usable to upload for you to see. It didn't capture the actual XMBC playback experience. If it's beneficial to you, I'll get some video of it with my big Sony HD cam.

And how can I upload a pic here for you?
(2014-04-24, 12:33)regystro Wrote: Would it be possible to fit a discrete GPU in the ASROCK Q1900-ITX PCI slot? If so, which passive GPU would you recommend? Any passive case to hold all that inside you may suggest? I guess the PSU depends on the GPU.

Its not an PCI, its an PCIe Port you mean?! But why do you want to do that?
| myHTPC |
(2014-04-24, 22:41)-DDD- Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 12:33)regystro Wrote: Would it be possible to fit a discrete GPU in the ASROCK Q1900-ITX PCI slot? If so, which passive GPU would you recommend? Any passive case to hold all that inside you may suggest? I guess the PSU depends on the GPU.

Its not an PCI, its an PCIe Port you mean?! But why do you want to do that?

Sure, the PCIe slot I meant. Well I was thinking I could use a more capable GPU than the bundled Intel HD Graphics.
I bought Supermicro X10SBA which is Bay Trail-D. I want wireless. This board has Mini PCIE slot. So I will buy Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC. My concern is will it work without antenna? What should I do?
I think it will also work without an antenna, but why don't you buy one and use it?!

@ regystro: I wouldn't do that. Check your needs and when HD Graphics is too low, take
another Board with a more powerful GPU like HD 4400 or AMD.
Most of the externGPUs need a PCIe x16 Slot, you have only x1 there.
| myHTPC |
(2014-04-24, 16:48)Rational Wrote: Nice to talk to and help out a dev though. Cool stuff.

Okay. I found it. I had to type "o" to display the onscreen metrics.

FPS. = 14.15 fps on average. I took some pics and video. I'll upload it if it helps. Seems to play alright. No major dropouts. Just a slow frame rate, so not buttery fast, but it is 'smooth' considering it's only going 14fps. But it plays just fine.

I used this: XBMCSetup-20140419-51d4cbd-Gotham

Update: Well, my smartphone recorded video was not usable to upload for you to see. It didn't capture the actual XMBC playback experience. If it's beneficial to you, I'll get some video of it with my big Sony HD cam.

And how can I upload a pic here for you?

14.15 fps? That sample is 50i so should have 50fps after deinterlacing ... that you don't see major dropouts is cause of our render. The skip rate should run to the sky. But as said before, don't be sad - but it's curious to see that the windows performance of the renderer is half(!) of what linux does out of the box.
(2014-04-25, 08:10)fritsch Wrote: 14.15 fps? That sample is 50i so should have 50fps after deinterlacing ... that you don't see major dropouts is cause of our render. The skip rate should run to the sky. But as said before, don't be sad - but it's curious to see that the windows performance of the renderer is half(!) of what linux does out of the box.
I tested the sample on my J1800 and HP Chromebook 14. On the J1800 connected to a 1080p monitor it seems to run fine and the information overlay reports no skips, but it's just between 25 and 30fps. On the 2955U powered Chromebook 14 it runs with 50fps. But I tested it only on the built in screen, so no 1080p. And also the XBMC versions are different. On the Chromebook I run the latest stable and on the J1800 the latest Gotham beta. Tomorrow the J1900 should finally arrive and I will test again.
Those results are to be expected. All fine.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8