• 35(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
The TDP isn't an indicator for an low idle Watt consumption. So your A6 will only consume 65W when it's at 100% CPU Load.
Your Torrent machine have to download 5 files, have to unzip one File and have to play an Movie at the same time?
I think that could be too much. Or do you pause your Jobs while you are watching movies?
| myHTPC |
Has anyone thought about using one of these cheap boards as a low footprint 720p gaming machine together with a gtx 750(ti) for example? I know they only got PCI-E 1x slots but from what I can see from some people who tried the difference of performance to a full fledged 16x slot is somewhere between 8-25% which isn't too bad I guess? http://www.overclock.net/t/1415306/gpu-on-pci-e-x1

The one post on the second page is especially interesting with some benchmarks in 16x and 1x mode: http://www.overclock.net/t/1415306/gpu-o...t_20544054
(2014-07-10, 17:03)-DDD- Wrote: The TDP isn't an indicator for an low idle Watt consumption. So your A6 will only consume 65W when it's at 100% CPU Load.
Your Torrent machine have to download 5 files, have to unzip one File and have to play an Movie at the same time?
I think that could be too much. Or do you pause your Jobs while you are watching movies?

Normally i will leave utorrent seeding maybe 160 files and downloading maybe 10 files at a time and i leave Nzbs running at the same time but the only time it might affect film playing is when a 5gb file is extracting or repairing and transfering to my backup drive when its finished.
I don't mind stopping utorrent/nzbs while watching a film so it don't cause the film to go block y but the whole idea like i say is to lower power consumption so i can seed for more than 8 hours at a time, i wish to seed to 24/7 instead.

I am waiting for my energy monitor to arrive so i can check my my watts while its running doing its normal stuff and i suppose looking at the TDP of the Bay trail and Am1 cpus it was making think i could save more power.
My cpu now normally stays between 20-30% while doing all 3 jobs unless it starts extracting which takes it higher.
That all work fine on your A6-3500? Then maybe it could work with J1900 also:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?...cmp[]=2131
| myHTPC |
Been looking into both of these platforms too . My current htpc is a E350N with 4gb ram which works fine in my bedroom running 24/7 for over 2 years now seeding all the time anywhere between 50 to 70 torrents , never had to pause or close utorrent to watch any films . It's also running win7 lite , utorrent , avg and xbmc and the cpu never reaches 40% unless I run winrar at the same time .

I intend to build a sff for the living room which will either be a Q1900 or quad core on a Am1 board . The only problem I have hit so far is my old Yamaha amp does not take hdmi inputs only spdif optical or coaxial and only the asrock Q1900 and the Am1h-itx Mobo has it which are still pricey compared to the rest of them . Oh and I also need a usb3 header for my front panel .

If I have overlooked any other boards please let me know .
(2014-07-10, 20:47)Mandraxbmc Wrote: Been looking into both of these platforms too . My current htpc is a E350N with 4gb ram which works fine in my bedroom running 24/7 for over 2 years now seeding all the time anywhere between 50 to 70 torrents , never had to pause or close utorrent to watch any films . It's also running win7 lite , utorrent , avg and xbmc and the cpu never reaches 40% unless I run winrar at the same time .

I intend to build a sff for the living room which will either be a Q1900 or quad core on a Am1 board . The only problem I have hit so far is my old Yamaha amp does not take hdmi inputs only spdif optical or coaxial and only the asrock Q1900 and the Am1h-itx Mobo has it which are still pricey compared to the rest of them . Oh and I also need a usb3 header for my front panel .

Have you checked how many watts your system uses ?
Don't have a kill a watt meter to hand and my clamp meter is no working . I had a quick look around the net and found this old post which will give you a bit of a idea
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4134/the-b...-miniitx/7
(2014-07-11, 10:41)Mandraxbmc Wrote: Don't have a kill a watt meter to hand and my clamp meter is no working . I had a quick look around the net and found this old post which will give you a bit of a idea
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4134/the-b...-miniitx/7

Ok just got my new energy monitor arrive and it shows the following

2.7watts on standby

27.6watts idle

29-32.5watts while running utorrent and Sabnzbd

35-37watts while running utorrent and Sabnzbd and Vlc playing a 720p movie

System is

Amd A6-3500
Asrock A75M-ITX
60GB ssd
1TB Samsung mechanical backup Drive

I wonder how this will compare to AM1 and Bay Trail-D motherboards
(2014-07-10, 20:47)Mandraxbmc Wrote: Been looking into both of these platforms too . My current htpc is a E350N with 4gb ram which works fine in my bedroom running 24/7 for over 2 years now seeding all the time anywhere between 50 to 70 torrents , never had to pause or close utorrent to watch any films . It's also running win7 lite , utorrent , avg and xbmc and the cpu never reaches 40% unless I run winrar at the same time .

http://geizhals.de/?cat=mbson&asuch=PDIF...900#xf_top
http://geizhals.de/?cat=mbam1&xf=325_HDM...%29#xf_top
| myHTPC |
Got the MSI j1900 setup today it seems to play blu ray rips with pass through dts-ma. The only problem I can see is I can't wake from s3 using USB its set in the BIOS but I get nothing
been waiting for your review for a couple of days goujam, dissapointed its so brief lol. wheres the "its the best bang per buck hardware out there" how easy was it to install. what peripherals ram etc are you using. PICTURESSS lol
Ha ha sorry I've been trying to sort the s3 wake up I've not had time to do much else. I came from a celeron 847 which too be fair worked well I got bored and ordered the j1900.

Specs wise I have the j1900 board running with 2gb ddr3 1066 I had it spare. I run openelec on a ocz 60gb ssd so its completely quiet, boot up from cold is around 12 seconds.

The first problem I ran into was my denon amp or TV wouldn't display the bios in its low resolution. So I had to set it up on the TV upstairs, to be fair I only turned wake from USB on. I've played a few films to test dts-ma and Dolby true HD and it all works
What so you mean by s3 wake up by usb? Is this like the wake on lan?
(2014-07-12, 23:19)Mark142 Wrote: What so you mean by s3 wake up by usb? Is this like the wake on lan?

It allows me to wake from suspend with my remote

I'm still trying to figure out if the 24p bug has gone the speed shows +0.100% but for is steady at 23.98. CPU has never got above 20% on any core and temps holding at 57 Celsius
Thanks goujam, sounds pretty cool, I recall seeing that feature (wake from remote thing) from the list of stuff its supposed to do. I hope you get this sorted.

How is upscalling on this? can you confirm if playing sd on your HD tv uses anything better than billinear? I dont actually know how to do that lol
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8