• 45(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
Quote:OpenElec 4.1.3 beta was run live from bootable USB flash drive.

Where was this video stored? On the local disk? Via network? From an NTFS filesystem?

50 Mbit/s is a lot.

Edit: Concerning the GPU render performance I really hope on Mesa 10.3 - also kernel 3.16 did a whole lot concerning GPU performance (but more on radeon side).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-12, 14:01)fritsch Wrote: Where was this video stored?

NTFS SATA2 HDD or EXT3 USB-HDD with 30/60/100Mbps UHD video samples. No deference. Always 15-16 fps avg.
Oki. And a screenshot of your VAAPI settings, please. But will try on my baytrail at home later.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-12, 14:58)fritsch Wrote: Oki. And a screenshot of your VAAPI settings, please. But will try on my baytrail at home later.

4K HD.Club Lapping Changhong 2013-100mbps.mp4
4K-Chimei-inn-30 mbps 2160p.mp4
4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps.mp4

I'm sorry for the delay
The 100mbps file I don't consider serious. This is what hevc was made for.

I will test the other ones shorty - download is really slow.
(2014-08-12, 19:49)fritsch Wrote: The 100mbps file I don't consider serious. This is what hevc was made for.

I will test the other ones shorty - download is really slow.

FWIW, the 60mbps file plays back at a rock solid 29.97fps with 10% CPU on a 2955u under OE 4.1.3
This I have expected :-) And this is the reason I say: Don't buy a baytrail go with a real celeron.
Not sure what the OP is doing - I tested them on my dual core J1800 and even with codec screen and screenshots I have nearly no dropping:

100 Mbps

60 Mbps

30 Mbps

I will keep the OSD closed and report the number of dropped frames later.

Edit:
60 Mbps: 21 dropped 4 skips -> all of them in the first second
30 Mbps: 29 dropped 1 skips -> all of them in the first second
100 Mbps: 14 dropped 64 skipped -> approximately 2 skips per minute -> but you don't realize
We are currently rewriting VAAPI for xbmc and I tested with the rewrite - it seems that this new architectures (same as the vdpau arch) improves things quite a lot. While at it I tested 720p to 1080p - lanczos still not possible here (will try with mesa 10.3 later on).

Concerning Deinterlacing: no chance still dropping with Yadif - VPP-BOB is working okay as does GL BOB
That's crap!

Image Image

Image Image Image
What hardware do you exactly have? - That's getting odd now.

I have this one: http://geizhals.de/eu/asus-j1800i-a-90mb...87448.html
ASRock Q1900-ITX with lastest BIOS/4GB DDR3 PC12800(1600MHz)/1TB SATA2 HDD
I will link you a testing build shortly, backup all your stuff and only check those samples. If you test them over network make sure it's really 1Gbit/s - this was what I was doing, accessing them on my NAS via gbit network.
Hi..

After reading all the 45 pages of this topic, i have a doubt. Does HD passthrough works with Windows?

Currenty i have a Asus E2KM1I-Deluxe. I use XBMC and Serviio. I also use uTorrent for downloads. Currently i have Win 8.1. This is for HTPC and NAS. It already have 6 hard drives (I have a PCI card to expand SATA ports)
I want to change to J1900 or J2900 because i think it's better and have lower power consumption. Am i right?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8