• 48(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
Can you try OpenELEC from an USB stick?

You also don't see the bios screen?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I do see the BIOS and OS via VGA but when i switch to HDMI theres no BIOS. You think Openelec would make things different. Wouldnt mind giving it a shot but my senses point me to the CSM support > Video (setting) which is now at legacy. And also to add I installed unbuntu 12 but the same thing. However I bumped into this post on the Gigabyte forums which is pretty much the same issue I'm facing so looks like im not the only unlucky chap on the planetSmile

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/t...l#msg91812
I had a simular problem but it worked ok with openelec. The issue is the resolution I believe, my panasonic g20 would not display the default resolution but when I pluged the pc into my small screen it worked, this is probably due to the small screen being a tv/monitor. So now I boot my PC I get a black screen untill openelec starts to boot with is at 1080p which the tv recognises
Sounds interesting and I should certainly give that a shot and report back. Any settings specific to the BIOS i should be looking at before getting openelec up and running.
Thanks a lot :-)
Just to make it clearer for me;
Do I need the graphic card? or not?

Thanks in advanced for the quick answer. I am running to the store :-)
You don't need a graphics card ... why the hell should you need one?

Edit: You already got your answer here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1776565
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sad i tried booting with openelec and installation as usual went through VGA and no HDMI. I reverted the F3 firmware based on a review on a review on Amazon about the issues with F4 and HDMI. Openelec loads but not on HDMI and the only resolution i seem to get here is 1024x768p and under monitor it shows Default and VGA1, no HDMI listed. This board is eating up my happiness to bounds....What do you guys suggest for me from here.
Boot OpenELEC and provide:

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr | pastebinit via ssh - you can boot with VGA set all up and then reboot with hdmi plugged in, so that you know ssh server is open.
Thanks fritsch for the quick response. I passed the argument you just sent across to me and the response I got(below). Is that right and what do I do from here on.

OpenELEC:~ # /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/jKcG
(2014-08-20, 07:51)keathmario Wrote: First of all I'm very new to this community as I recently got into the XBMC bandwagon and truly enjoying the experience. Unfortunately I just hit an iceberg with the the Gigabyte J1800 MB. I'll probably give a little history about the issue. So i wanted to run a thin client with low power consumption for movies only hence picked up the Gigabyte J1800 D2H Bios F3 with an Antel ISK 110 and 4GB G-Skill DDR3 ram and a 120GB laptop HDD. Being my first MIni ITX setup it did take some time and caution to get that tiny board into the case but all went well and I was all set. Powered it on and the "No Signal found" on my Samsung TV via HDMI. Suspected some loose connections so went over the whole procedure again but no luck.

Next I picked up an old VGA cable lying around and made the connection and there I see the Gigabyte Logo(Thank goodness). I load up windows 8.1 and all go by smooth. I suspect the issue to be something with the Inel Graphics drivers hence decide to update the Bios to F4 and install all the drivers from the website. Try to re-establish an HDMI connection but it just doesnt want to do it. I call up Gigabyte and they suggest I reset the BIOS to defaults and then try again and if it doesnt help they would RMA the board for me. I tried the reset but nothing changed. Still No signal. I tried connecting the PC to my Sony TV and still nothing happens. I ruled out the possibility of a faulty HDMI port on the TV.I use 3 different HDMI cables which are off my PS3/BD Player and Cable TV but no luck again.

Gigabyte sends me a replacement motherboard and I'm excited to get back into business so make the setup and try to to connect via HDMI and Good Heavens the same no signal found. This time I reset both the TV's to make sure it was not a HDMI handshake issue but still nothing seems to work. I have never been so bugged with HDMI as such. The TV does display an HDMI input but all i get is a Black screen.Its like the TV is getting a signal but nothing appears on it. Considering the purpose of using this setup as my HTPC i dont want to rely on VGA. I'm suspecting some setting in the BIOS that 'm missing which I thinking has something to do with the CSM. I'm hoping someone here could point me in the right direction so I could get this sorted out for good.

I have a similar fault with this board. If it's plugged in directly to my Panasonic TV its fine but if its through my Pioneer amp I only get the bios splash screen and as soon as the drivers load I get a black screen. REALLY annoying! Definately a driver issue I would say
I tried connecting the board directly and through my Marantz AVR but nothing.I tried installing Windows 8.1 again over the F3 bios and the HDMI signal seems to be working now. But strangely my it seems to be working on my Samsung TV however my Sony Bravia where i'd be using the setup, does not seem to get a signal. Suspect a HDMI handshake, tried resetting the TV, disabling the Bravia Sync but nothing seems to be helping. Only get a black screen. Just thankful to your guys, that at least I see "something" . Now if anyone here has gone through this (Black screen on Bravia) please suggest ways to get out of it. My TV is a 46HX850.
It was just a setting on the receiver.

HD Audio now is working just right !

Hello,
I'm trying to use truehd and dts-hd with my bay trail board (msi j1900i) I have seen here that others could do it.
In my audio options (expert) I can't see options to enable hd audio.
I'm running xbmcbuntu with the last update xmbc 13.2
My xbmc.log says that dts-hd and truehd are available as seen on log ( http://pastebin.com/89db3fGN )
Does anyone have some advice ? I'm stuck...

Thanks in advance !
Bay Trail and InTruâ„¢ 3D Technology
Unlock is possible?

Edit: Hmm, Stormdreamer wrote: 'i can confirm that DN2820FYKH can play 3d blu ray iso...' (DN2820FYKH = Celeron N2820 = Bay Trail)
But then why Intel say the CPU can't play 3D?!
| myHTPC |

edit:
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8