• 49(current)
Bay Trail-D motherboards
So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.
(2014-09-01, 07:58)drawz Wrote: So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.

For your application it will work excellent all skins seem responsive to me and my j1900 has no problem with full 1080p blu ray rips. Even software decoding is fine the only problem people seem to have is with de interlacing which I dont do!
That will also start to work with helix. At least with OpenGL bobbing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?
If Windows try Linux else sell it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-09-01, 15:37)extremeaudio Wrote: I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?

Sounds like your not getting the edid information though your amp you could try a custom edid im not sure how you do this but ive seen others have done this. A google search may help you out.

On my MSI board I dont see anything untill xbmc actually loads up so I dont see a bios screen. This is all due to my amp not recognising the resolution so doesnt display unitll xbmc switches to 1080P
Ok. That's a start! Will look up EDID.

I know what you mean about the resolution. But in this case I suspect the OS isn't booting up at all! At least that's what happened with the E350. Because on that when I pressed the power button after unsuccessfully waiting for the system to boot, the CPU fan would turn off instantly. Here there's no fan so can't say.
(2014-09-01, 15:37)extremeaudio Wrote: I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?

im having exactly the same problem but with a Pioneer amp and a Panasonic TV ....really annoying
(2014-09-01, 09:45)goujam Wrote:
(2014-09-01, 07:58)drawz Wrote: So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.

For your application it will work excellent all skins seem responsive to me and my j1900 has no problem with full 1080p blu ray rips. Even software decoding is fine the only problem people seem to have is with de interlacing which I dont do!
Thanks, will give it a try
(2014-09-01, 20:10)andel Wrote:

im having exactly the same problem but with a Pioneer amp and a Panasonic TV ....really annoying

+1 With a Marantz SR6007 + Sony Bravia HX850.... Its such a let down. If anyone has a solution please shout out.
(2014-09-12, 06:54)keathmario Wrote: +1 With a Marantz SR6007 + Sony Bravia HX850.... Its such a let down. If anyone has a solution please shout out.
Clearly, AV receivers (all brands) are not designed to accept classic PC resolutions, particularly at boot times. Aside from just connecting your HTPC directly to the TV and using ARC to get the sound back to the receiver, I don't know.

(I will hate the day I'll have to buy one of those things).
(2014-09-12, 10:20)Aquarius Wrote:
(2014-09-12, 06:54)keathmario Wrote: +1 With a Marantz SR6007 + Sony Bravia HX850.... Its such a let down. If anyone has a solution please shout out.
Clearly, AV receivers (all brands) are not designed to accept classic PC resolutions, particularly at boot times. Aside from just connecting your HTPC directly to the TV and using ARC to get the sound back to the receiver, I don't know.

(I will hate the day I'll have to buy one of those things).

Believe me it works impeccably on my Samsung TV but Sony just doesnt want to recognize it. This is without the AVR in the equation, so I'm sure this is some HDMI handshake. Wondering if theres something that I'm missing with the SONY.
FWIW, the ASRock Q1900B-ITX hooked up via HDMI to an Onkyo SR605 to a Panasonic TV worked without issue using Windows 7 x64,
Just finish my build with a ASRock Q1900 ITX with Win7 64 and when trying to set up the bios I have to revert back to a vga cable to my small lcd in the bedroom as my Samsung Led would only pick up the hdmi signal until it was at the password screen for windows . At first I thought it might be the ssd load speed but changed the wait time in the bios from 1sec to 3sec and all now works a treat .
Hi all,

i just upgraded from my raspberry pi to a bay trail system (ASRock Q2900-ITX) using OpenELEC. With OE 4.0.7 video streaming from my NAS (NFS - h264 1080p) works without any problem. Using OE 4.1.6 or the current helix snapshot, video streaming has some micropauses (audio passthrough over hdmi stays fine). These pauses aren't shown as skips or drops in video info. VAAPI is set to active and preferred, deinterlacing and scaling is set to automatic. Vsync is set to like driver.

Should i provide any more info or is this behavior expected due to the current development state of the new vaapi implementation? Or should i post this question at the openelec forum?

• 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bay Trail-D motherboards8