Bay Trail-D motherboards

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.25 Average
drawz Offline
So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.
find quote
goujam Offline
(2014-09-01 07:58)drawz Wrote:  So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.

For your application it will work excellent all skins seem responsive to me and my j1900 has no problem with full 1080p blu ray rips. Even software decoding is fine the only problem people seem to have is with de interlacing which I dont do!
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
That will also start to work with helix. At least with OpenGL bobbing.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
Settings missing? Read the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
No help without a proper Debug Log
find quote
extremeaudio Offline
I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
If Windows try Linux else sell it.

Audio Engine: SPDIF has only 2 pcm channels. DTS, AC3 are encoded via those 2 channels. It's obviously clear that you are not able to change Speaker Layout when running via SPDIF.
Settings missing? Read the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...otham)_FAQ
No help without a proper Debug Log
find quote
goujam Offline
(2014-09-01 15:37)extremeaudio Wrote:  I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?

Sounds like your not getting the edid information though your amp you could try a custom edid im not sure how you do this but ive seen others have done this. A google search may help you out.

On my MSI board I dont see anything untill xbmc actually loads up so I dont see a bios screen. This is all due to my amp not recognising the resolution so doesnt display unitll xbmc switches to 1080P
find quote
extremeaudio Offline
Ok. That's a start! Will look up EDID.

I know what you mean about the resolution. But in this case I suspect the OS isn't booting up at all! At least that's what happened with the E350. Because on that when I pressed the power button after unsuccessfully waiting for the system to boot, the CPU fan would turn off instantly. Here there's no fan so can't say.
find quote
andel Offline
(2014-09-01 15:37)extremeaudio Wrote:  I bought the Gigabyte 1800 but it doesnt do anything when hooked up via hdmi to an Onkyo 515 receiver. If I connect it directly to my Panasonic TV it works fine. After fully booting when connected to the TV, I can connect to the AVR and get the video just fine. I had a similar issue with a Gigabyte E350 and a bios update fixed the issue. But on this board I am on the latest bios version which is 4. This really sucks and I'm stuck. Can someone help with this?

im having exactly the same problem but with a Pioneer amp and a Panasonic TV ....really annoying
find quote
drawz Offline
(2014-09-01 09:45)goujam Wrote:  
(2014-09-01 07:58)drawz Wrote:  So what's the verdict on Bay Trail performance with OpenELEC/XBMC/Kodi? Any issues with heavy skins or anything else? Would only be used for h264 encoded material at 720p/1080p.

For your application it will work excellent all skins seem responsive to me and my j1900 has no problem with full 1080p blu ray rips. Even software decoding is fine the only problem people seem to have is with de interlacing which I dont do!
Thanks, will give it a try
find quote