Android Tablet for only $37.99
Just saw the UbiSlate tablets start at $37.99
http://ubislate.us/

Sure, it's not on par with a Nexus 7,..but still, for less than $38,..this is something that you could give to your kids without worrying too much.
Plus,...you might be able to install XBMC on it. (Although, I'm not sure what the minimum version of Android must be installed)

Here's a pretty good article about it:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/blogs/digital-...12468.html

So,...what do you guys think?
Cheap remote.
I have a cheap tablet, they are junk.. you get what you pay for.. just my opinion.
This. Most cheap Android devices are (though I hear you can get a real bargain on top-spec devices from noname Chinese manufacturers if you know how to look), and this one screams bullshit (typos on website, descriptions as images, Yahoo says it runs Android 4.2, manufacturer's site says it runs Android 4.0, product image shows Android 2.x).

Still, for $38 I too would be curious just how bad this thing is, and whether it'd make a decent remote. Hell, it's cheaper than dedicated remotes (though it doesn't take much for that, Harmony is a ripoff).
Cheap tablets are basically crap, I bet these are Allwinner based (even dual core).
I've grabbed one of these low cost tablets just to use as dedicated Yatse remote and that was a huge mistake, these devices are piece of junk.

Someone needs to be a real idiot to give such device to their kin, real cheap power supply and low quality lipo battery are inviting accidents.

To be a little more honest I must state that hardware and the production of it doesn't have to be high. and I bet a company like Google or Samsung can probably deliver a nice low cost device with modest specifications.
The problem is that isn't the case, these low cost tablets are usually Chinese based designs (from OEM manufacturers) that cuts a lot of corners and use very low quality parts (and it outrageous as the difference in price for a part can be limited to cents).
one million cents is a lot of dollars Smile
(2014-01-31, 04:21)dhead Wrote: Cheap tablets are basically crap,

Been offline for a while,..and I just wanted to agree with ^^^^

Do yourselvess a favor,..don't get caught thinking you'll save some money getting similarly cheap devices.
Pay for name brand electronic devices,...and even then do soem research.

I regret the original post about this device. Sad Live and learn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Tablet for only $37.990