PVR related
Ok, got it to work and it looks great. What I did was change to another skin, then uninstall the existing Amber I had, then installed your Amber from zip. Then I changed to your new Amber and it is working perfectly.

Noticed when I switched to Confluence (for that little bit) that it had the same recording stuff in the top. But I think Amber is a much better looking skin overall and very easy to use.

Thanks much for your efforts and for not being too hard on me as I make Noobee mistakes. Probably should have realized that I had to uninstall the old one 1st, or at least switch to another skin 1st.Not sure which of those did the trick, but it works now and that is the important thing.

Anyway... great job.
(2014-04-10, 21:06)ReplayHarry Wrote: Ok, got it to work and it looks great. What I did was change to another skin, then uninstall the existing Amber I had, then installed your Amber from zip. Then I changed to your new Amber and it is working perfectly.

Noticed when I switched to Confluence (for that little bit) that it had the same recording stuff in the top. But I think Amber is a much better looking skin overall and very easy to use.

Thanks much for your efforts and for not being too hard on me as I make Noobee mistakes. Probably should have realized that I had to uninstall the old one 1st, or at least switch to another skin 1st.Not sure which of those did the trick, but it works now and that is the important thing.

Anyway... great job.

No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

Yep I noticed the weather too. Nice job overall. Amber is definitely my favorite skin. Now that I have it working on my HTPC, I will try putting it on my Raspberry Pi in the next day or 2.

Thanks again,
(2014-04-12, 16:47)r.og Wrote: No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

If you make a pull request I can merge your changes into skin. Just make sure they work with vertical home layout as well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-04-16, 13:50)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 16:47)r.og Wrote: No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

If you make a pull request I can merge your changes into skin. Just make sure they work with vertical home layout as well.

Hey pecinko, i actually forgot Amber had a vertical layout so i just added my changes to it. I also submitted a pull request although i have not been keeping good track of my changes with commit descriptions.
(2014-04-16, 13:50)pecinko Wrote:

Hi Pecinko, i had to resubmit my pull request. I was having some issues with my repo but everything should be fixed now.
PVR question/bug:

I have the "Show channel information when switching channel" option checked, which is supposed to show the channel info for a few seconds on channel change automatically, but it does not work when using Amber. I have looked at it seems this is done on a per-skin basis. Is anyone able to have a look at a fix?

thanks
HI!

Two small issues that bug me slightly and would be great if I could get these solved! Both are in the recordings view.

1. There is no indication of what recordings have been watched and what haven't. ie I do not see the watched or not watched icon
2. The channel icons in the recordings view always show the default icon and not the channel icon (which I assume we should see?)

I'm using TVHeadend as a backend; not sure if this has any impact.

Any ideas appreciataed
When in the EPG, neither the back nor exit buttons on a Windows Media Center compatible remote work to exit the schedule grid. They do work in all other areas of the skin as far as I can tell. But in the EPG the only way to leave is to press the Home (Windows ) button. Can this be fixed so it's consistent throughout the skin?
(2014-06-25, 22:26)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: When in the EPG, neither the back nor exit buttons on a Windows Media Center compatible remote work to exit the schedule grid. They do work in all other areas of the skin as far as I can tell. But in the EPG the only way to leave is to press the Home (Windows ) button. Can this be fixed so it's consistent throughout the skin?

Same issue with the FireTV. That remote only has a very few buttons so the only way to get out of the EPG is to Force Close the app. Works fine in Confluence.

Tolax
(2014-06-26, 03:40)tolax Wrote: Same issue with the FireTV. That remote only has a very few buttons so the only way to get out of the EPG is to Force Close the app. Works fine in Confluence.

Tolax

They work in Neon too.
hi there im having a very annoying issue when trying to record in ambers EPG, while i could describe it a pictures worth a thousand words!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b8jz70ote3o0a...enshot.png

anyone got any solutions ?
(2014-05-10, 12:22)smbkr Wrote: PVR question/bug:

I have the "Show channel information when switching channel" option checked, which is supposed to show the channel info for a few seconds on channel change automatically, but it does not work when using Amber. I have looked at it seems this is done on a per-skin basis. Is anyone able to have a look at a fix?

thanks

I'm experiencing the same problem. This is keeping me from using this skin at the moment.
Hey All,

Loving the amber skin, I have one niggle with it though. I have the Tvheadend client setup. When I change the group/tag I'm viewing I cant see what the current group/tag is. I appears under the menu and is really faded.
See the screenshot, i've circled in red the area where the tag is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmaWFZ...sp=sharing

In this screenshot im in the music tag/group. But as I switch between the groups I cant see which one I have currently selected.
New to this thread and thanks to Pecinko for an easy to use and light skin.
Was hoping someone could give me a little help with something.
I have altered the pvr windows backgrounds to make them slightly transparent and a bit smaller, this shows the live tv background through and round the edges of the epg etc. which looks quite good. I would post a screenshot if I could work out how to...
The problem I'm having is when a video or live tv is playing, the pvr background reverts to the original fullscreen non transparent black background.
Is it possible to have fullscreen video in the background of pvr screens like on the home window? If not, can anyone point me to the xml that will allow me to change this full black background that shows up with video playing?
Thanks for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR related0