PVR related
Just trying out r.og's mod - looks like a great start on the PVR stuff. I'd like to see a LiveTV submenu on the home screen with the different options like in Confluence - TV Channels, EPG, Recordings...

And like denz & Swifty were talking about, get rid of the side menu that pops in when opening LiveTV
I am running Frodo 12.2 on Raspberry Pi with Amber. I should also mention that it is the OpenElec version. I really like it and it runs fast, but I really like the stuff you have done here and I have seen in this post. How would I go about getting this version for use? I am a noob, only had my HTPC up and running for a little over a month and only had the Pi working (in the bedroom) for a week or so. So I really have no clue.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give. Seems from what I have read, this may only work with Gotham, but I figured I might as well ask.

I guess I forgot to mention I am running Windows 8.1 on my HTPC (with XBMC Frodo 12.3 and NextPVR 3.1.1). Run Amber there as well and I would actually like to have this for that machine too so both the HTPC and Pi look the same. Makes it easier for my wife.
I would appreciate help on this one I am trying to put a sub menu on Live TV and have done experimenting in IncludesFile.xml and have managed to get submenu to display however it is in the wrong location because the location of submenu is determined by HasFocus(7) in this case 7 is Favourites so need to figure out the number for live tv.

<item id="40" description="TV Channels">
<visible>Container(300).HasFocus(7)</visible>
<label>Tv Channels</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32,0, 11,0)</onclick>
</item>

Edit: It is 300 hurray no I have live tv submenu now to fix the annoying side menu.
Side menu in Live TV always appears on first access of live tv I haven't figured how to disable it however figured out with few changes to hide it automatically on entry when I add , 32, 0, 11, 0 to the onclick event in Includes.xml file. The original onclick event had ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR). The 32, 0, 11,0 brings up TV Channels view but it can be changed to PVR, 31,0, 10,0 to bring up Timeline view there are others as well.

<item id="300" description="PVR">
<visible>System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled)</visible>
<label>$LOCALIZE[31500]</label>
<thumb fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Pvr.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(Pvr.Background)]</thumb>
<onclick>ActivateWindowAndFocus(PVR, 32, 0, 11, 0)</onclick>

I have made few more changes to the timeline view which I will attach to this thread in case someone likes it now very happy with this skin.I mainly use XBMC for LiveTV on the raspberry pi. Thanks goes to Pecinko for the great and very fast skin.
I have made some changes and this is what it looks like I have created a github account so if anyone likes it they can try it. I have disabled genres as I find it distracting and the currently recording shows are bright red and the upcoming recording are slightly darker red.

https://github.com/denny09/skin.amber
Noticed while using the ContextMenu or Playlist in LiveTv the name of channel show is not getting displayed there is a text colour issue in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml once I substituted <textcolor>ListDetails</textcolor> with <textcolor>Label2</textcolor> they are shown.

Thanks denz - using your mod now. Working nicely for me. I did rip out the CPU temp from the clock display though. Luckily your commits showed right where you put it otherwise I'd never have been able to find it Smile
Denz - the alterations look brilliant and I am just implementing it on my main HTPC as I type.

With the timeline view is there anyway to get the back button to work as it does in every other page? - I understand that this maybe a full skin change rather than your mod...
i.e. when you are in tv shows and press backspace it goes back one layer, doing the same in recorded TV works the same, pressing backspace on timeline view does nothing.

Cheers

Phil
(2014-03-16, 20:26)pbathuk Wrote: With the timeline view is there anyway to get the back button to work as it does in every other page? - I understand that this maybe a full skin change rather than your mod...

I had the same issue, and got around it my making a mod to the keyboard.xml - if you're using a different input device, you should be able to make a similar change for that device:

Code:
<pvr>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </pvr>

Though that seems to have created a side effect of not being able to go back up the levels in the "Recordings" section... works fine everywhere else it seems because you're really only one level deep and going out to the home screen seems kind of the same as going "Back". Still not ideal.
Puithove - Brilliant thanks
i am running beta 2 of gotham and when i try to install the mods by installing from the zip file nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

edit - nevermind. Figured it out.
Thought i will share my new mod for anyone that would like to try it out, you can now see in progress recordings and scheduled recordings on the home screen. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Get it here
I like what I see above and downloaded it from "Get it here", but I don't get the nice recording stuff in the top right corner as your screen shot shows.
The version I download is 1.58 and I am running Gotham 13.0 Beta 3.

Do I have the right version or am I doing something wrong?
(2014-04-08, 21:22)ReplayHarry Wrote: I like what I see above and downloaded it from "Get it here", but I don't get the nice recording stuff in the top right corner as your screen shot shows.
The version I download is 1.58 and I am running Gotham 13.0 Beta 3.

Do I have the right version or am I doing something wrong?

Try installing it manually by placing the contents of my zip file in your XBMC addons folder overwriting the existing skin.amber-master folder. Let me know if that works.
Tried that and I get the same results. No PVR info in top right as in your screen shot.
Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR related0