PVR related

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ReplayHarry Offline
Ok, got it to work and it looks great. What I did was change to another skin, then uninstall the existing Amber I had, then installed your Amber from zip. Then I changed to your new Amber and it is working perfectly.

Noticed when I switched to Confluence (for that little bit) that it had the same recording stuff in the top. But I think Amber is a much better looking skin overall and very easy to use.

Thanks much for your efforts and for not being too hard on me as I make Noobee mistakes. Probably should have realized that I had to uninstall the old one 1st, or at least switch to another skin 1st.Not sure which of those did the trick, but it works now and that is the important thing.

Anyway... great job.
find quote
r.og Offline
(2014-04-10 21:06)ReplayHarry Wrote:  Ok, got it to work and it looks great. What I did was change to another skin, then uninstall the existing Amber I had, then installed your Amber from zip. Then I changed to your new Amber and it is working perfectly.

Noticed when I switched to Confluence (for that little bit) that it had the same recording stuff in the top. But I think Amber is a much better looking skin overall and very easy to use.

Thanks much for your efforts and for not being too hard on me as I make Noobee mistakes. Probably should have realized that I had to uninstall the old one 1st, or at least switch to another skin 1st.Not sure which of those did the trick, but it works now and that is the important thing.

Anyway... great job.

No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

[Image: 14d0f1i.png]
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-12 16:55 by r.og.)
find quote
ReplayHarry Offline
Yep I noticed the weather too. Nice job overall. Amber is definitely my favorite skin. Now that I have it working on my HTPC, I will try putting it on my Raspberry Pi in the next day or 2.

Thanks again,
find quote
pecinko Offline
Donor
(2014-04-12 16:47)r.og Wrote:  No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

If you make a pull request I can merge your changes into skin. Just make sure they work with vertical home layout as well.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

find quote
r.og Offline
(2014-04-16 13:50)pecinko Wrote:  
(2014-04-12 16:47)r.og Wrote:  No worries, i remember having problems installing skins when i first started using XBMC. I also added weather info to the home window so all you have to do is enable a weather addon.

If you make a pull request I can merge your changes into skin. Just make sure they work with vertical home layout as well.

Hey pecinko, i actually forgot Amber had a vertical layout so i just added my changes to it. I also submitted a pull request although i have not been keeping good track of my changes with commit descriptions.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-16 16:55 by r.og.)
find quote