timers for playlists- to schedule certain plays at certain times
ok nub question but Ive dug around and cant seem to find a thread on it..

I want to have a way to play certain playlists at certain times of the day. this would alow me to "program" my video viewing more like a tv scheduled day.

Id like the timer to have options for: play at specific times ie 8am-10am, additional settings for everyday, certain days etc.

by stacking a few playlists like this I could have, comedytv 8am-10am, a dramatv 10-12pm, realitytv 12-3pm, comedy 3-5... etc...

so guess what im asking for is a start programs list on startup, auto play whatever list is scheduled at time the user starts program, to have it play that list untill next scheduled time change to another list. in addition if I decide to star a movie or video, it would just play the selected video and following the ending of the video would startup the next scheduled playlist at that time...

anyway hope this all makes sense.. Im so close ....

thanks in advance for any responses...
Hi,

I have a similar suggestion, I would like to be able to select a favourite and choose a time I would like it to start.
That would be like Sky used to be when you could choose which channel to watch a which time and then it automatically switched. You can plan a whole day of watching TV and never miss a thing due to forgetting to change or select something at the right time.

More or less the same thing.
Similar here ;p
but for audio. schedule 1 playlist on a specific hour, and another on a different hour, same day.
This different for every day of the week.
I tryed to "run" XBMC ***.xsp but that didn't work.

any suggestions?
There is an addon here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124888 which will let you schedule things to run.
You could easily set up playlists and use it to fire them. There are some examples in the thread.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
timers for playlists- to schedule certain plays at certain times0