Linux How to avoid Import epg from clients
Is there a way I can store the epg channels on my RP box so that it doesnt have to fetch them each time the unit turns on?
Or is it just simpler to leave the box on?
yes it is, especially when it's a pi that uses like no power at all.
add-ons can trigger epg updates, so even if you'd disable the initial update in the code, then it's still possible that add-ons override this. and you can't disable those triggers or epg will stop functioning
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thanks. On it will remain
Huh? So, yass100, can I place the codes locally on the RPi?
That guy was a spammer and he is gone now, ignore him Smile
Bummer. I was hoping for a remedy to my dilemma .
What dilemma? You got an answer.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not the answer I was looking for
OK, try this: get a PC that is not CPU and memory restricted like the Pi is and you might get some real performance.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Asus is coming out with a small form factor pc that runs linux. The catch - $299.
There is always chromebox at $179.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to avoid Import epg from clients0