Himedia Q5 II and Q10 II guide for XBMC and native external player (and NFS)
(2014-06-25, 11:32)Carlson Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 07:34)Hydeyuki Wrote: Hi,

I am new. Just bought a Q5II emmc version,firmware 1.0.6. I just install the gotham 13.1 on my Q5II himedia. Whenever i start to stream any stuff,icefilms,yify or 1 channel etc. The application will crash and shut down. Do we have any fix for this? i tried to follow your instruction but I am stuck at

point 2 Paste playercorefactory.xml in \sdcard\Android\data\org.xbmc.xbmc\files\.xbmc\userdata (show hidden files to see .xbmc).

Thanks in advance!

you can check setting/Video/Acceleration. Try enabling libstagefright and disabling mediacodec.

Hi Carlson,

Appreciate your help.Thanks! It works!
iam confused..i would like to buy the himedia q5 to play my blurays movies from a external hard which it can do perfectly i suppose..and to install xbmc gotham on it..but do i need to do the steps on the first post to e able to get xbmc to work?
iam a total newbie is thee a step by step on how to do this? e.g root the device etc...
thanks for all the understanding
(2014-06-29, 14:46)raymondeast Wrote: iam confused..i would like to buy the himedia q5 to play my blurays movies from a external hard which it can do perfectly i suppose..and to install xbmc gotham on it..but do i need to do the steps on the first post to e able to get xbmc to work?
iam a total newbie is thee a step by step on how to do this? e.g root the device etc...
thanks for all the understanding

I am using Q5II emmc version, I install the XBMC app using a thumbdrive and it is able to work. I did not root my device.

After installing the app, just follow some youtube videos on how to add the sources.

Hope it helps.
Hi all,

I have been using XBMC for like a month, everything works perfectly just that this morning when i tried to start the XBMC, it crashes on startup. Any idea or solutions to this?

I can't even get to the main menu of XBMC now. using q5ii himedia with firmware 1.0.6 with xbmc gotham 13.1.

Thanks in advance!
I have bought a Q5II from http://www.iandroidtvbox.com and they have done all the update before the shipment. So, I can easy to use it.
You bought the new Q5 with quadcore and UHD-support or the dual-core ?

If you bought the new one.. please tell us something about the new device :-)
What about the shipped xbmc-Version? Is it a special version for himedia or the official Gotham 13.1 ?

How is the support of h264.video, h265 video and VC1 with this xbmc-version on the himedia-device.

SaEt9000
Wink 
Hello Forum Friends, recently I have a week have updated to version 1.0.7, and I commented to you that many of the problems that had been building up our Q5ii emmc are solved with XBMC 13 last night vesion install XBMC 14 and great so far .......

Tambiés tell them just out version 1.0.8, dated 14 September. just out of the oven ... wait what is the English version, which does not last more than a week to be released ...

I'll be commenting as I was with the evidence ... for now, I'm doing great. It gives fluidity to our q5ii
(2014-08-05, 15:28)SaEt9000 Wrote: You bought the new Q5 with quadcore and UHD-support or the dual-core ?

What about the shipped xbmc-Version? Is it a special version for himedia or the official Gotham 13.1 ?

How is the support of h264.video, h265 video and VC1 with this xbmc-version on the himedia-device.

SaEt9000
the new, quad core Q5 Android TV box, http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/himedia-q5-...d-4-4.html But, it has no google play pre-installed.

(2014-08-05, 15:28)SaEt9000 Wrote: You bought the new Q5 with quadcore and UHD-support or the dual-core ?

SaEt9000

If you attach importance to XBMC function, Their Tronsmart Android TV Boxes may be meet your requirements more, especially the new listed Tronsmart Vega S89-H. That's here: http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/tronsmart-a...v-box.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Himedia Q5 II and Q10 II guide for XBMC and native external player (and NFS)0