usbstick broken after using atv usb creator for windows
i installed the bootstick program onto my usb drive and now windows wont assign a drive letter to it. i tried using the disk management tool in (windows vista) but it gives errors whenever i try and delete the partitions and has all options to format the disk grayed out
if anyone knows how to revert this usb drive it would be apreciated

i have no clue if the atv bootstick program worked as my appletv hasn't arrived yet, however i need to use this usb drive to transfer some files in the mean time
Hi. This is no problem at all. As the dev of the Windows version, when I made a lot of test patchsticks, this used to annoy me. But there is a very simple solution (that I will be implementing in the next creator). Taken from the troubleshooting guide from the Wiki (you should search Tongue)

See: http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/...leshooting "I did not make a backup of my USB Drive with USB Image Tool. Now it's not showing full-size in explorer. ". There is a 512byte bootsector to get it fully recognised again (Restore in USB Image Tool) and then you can format it all.

As I said, this will be fixed in the next version. But I will have to think of a way to integrate it (maybe a separate app to quickly write the boot-sector) after patching
thanks the 512byte img fixed it
Your welcome. It's Alex Beug's ( usbit dev ) file though Smile
Hello there, I saved my USB backup on Desktop but I dunno how to retrieve it.
When I click on it all I get is Nero loading up.
Please help.
Thnx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
usbstick broken after using atv usb creator for windows0