Win brightness gotham vs frodo
Thanks - that's useful. I'll contact the author.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

In case you missed the edit to my previous post, since your reply seems to have come just before I ended up submitting the edit: I'm assuming DXVA-HD doesn't really add anything imperative.
Not really. I have a potential fix (I'm 100% in the blind here) - am doing up a build for you to test. It'll be a couple hours.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok, cool. Sounds good. I'll still be up for a while, but if I crash for the night I'll certainly give it a go when I'm up in the morning. Thanks for the help!
(2014-03-29, 09:13)jmarshall Wrote: Not really. I have a potential fix (I'm 100% in the blind here) - am doing up a build for you to test. It'll be a couple hours.

Hi there

If you use this option DVXA-HD and is not any different to DVXA option then why add the feature what does this do over the other setting ?
thanks

keep up the good work
Here's a test build:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...ge_fix.exe

Cheers,
Jonathan

I gave the test build a try this morning, but it did not change the DVXA/DVXA-HD behaviour. The blacks are still incorrect with the latter.
(2014-03-29, 11:17)jmarshall Wrote: Here's a test build:

Cheers,
Jonathan

Going to give this a test as well. Again I don't have speccial equipment but my eyes will (hopefully) see. Thank you for making a test build so quickly.

Also tested Homeland 1x01 from Blu-ray source using DXVA-2. Same grey/brightness issue as before.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Apologies - I completely misread the code so got it around the wrong way Smile

Have a new build queued up.

Here's the updated build:

Thanks,
Jonathan

With the limited colour range setting turned off this build appears to be functioning correctly now with auto detect selected, as well as manually selected DXVA, and manually selected DXVA-HD. Thanks!

Not that it matters in my setup since I run with that setting off, but with that option turned on I'm guessing that the code is still going to have to be fixed to stop it from applying the correction twice, once on decode and one on render, correct? If I check things out with the setting turned on then naturally all the UI blacks are turned to grey on my display, and then when playback starts the video's black is an even lighter grey again.
(2014-03-30, 00:17)jmarshall Wrote: Here's the updated build:

Thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks for testing Smile

Regarding the double application, quite possibly, yeah. I'll see if I can figure out what should be done in that case, make a change, and do up another build for you to test if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Do you get the same issue with DXVA as with DXVAHD by the way? Also, do you notice whether the brightness/contrast controls seem overly sensitive or different between these two modes?

Updated build here:

This should be the same as the previous one when limited colour range is off, but should produce 'correct' results for DXVAHD with limited colour range on.

I'll be testing the above build in a moment and will report back in about 5 minutes.

Tested again with Homeland 1x01 - tested, DXVA2, Software, DXVA-HD and Limited Range off and on.

DXVA2 = Smile
DXVA-HD = Smile
Software = Smile

Limited ON = Sad
Limited OFF = Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brightness gotham vs frodo0