Creating a YouTube / SoundCloud Curated Add-On
Ive done some reading of the wiki already but quickly got out of my depth as im no coder.
Tried several times to get my head round it, but no go. Sad

A colleague at my record label is constantly being sent public links to Youtube, SoundCloud, and few others but these are the main two, of pre-release music for promotional purposes. He currently splurts these out via Twitter, Youtube playlists and a blog to a group of pretty dedicated subscribers.

He recently saw my XBMC setup and the Youtube plugin in particular, his question was how difficult would it be to write a scraper or add-on that would read a wordpress based blog and just forward the content to an XBMC plugin, effectively creating his own channel. Each blog bost just has an embedded player from SC or YT, little else.

As i said ive had a read and look into it and have just ended up confusing myself, is this possible? And how much work is realistically involved?
It seems relatively simple in theory, but in practice im sure its not!
With some more searching, i found this.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175697

Seems to do almost exactly what i need, but the dev doesnt seem to still be around. No response via Forum / Email as of yet. I shall try and hone my paitience.

The other thing i saw was an old add-on (2009) that listed one channel on YouTube. This would work, not ideal but a workaround to start me off to see if this even has legs. Its around 5 years out of date, so doesnt work with new YT layout.

I guess im now just asking if anyone knows of any other workaround or solution, other than coding something from scratch.

I dont mean to sound lazy, but i have looked at coding my own and its simply beyond me at present.
BeautifulSoup seems to be the way to go.
This makes my brain hurt!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating a YouTube / SoundCloud Curated Add-On0