Backup Add-On not working with Aeon MQ6
so I downloaded and setup Aeon MQ6, went through and customized everything, and used the Backup addon in the main repo hoping to distribute the settings to the other Kodi boxes in my house, however it doesn't look like main menu settings are backed up.

However it doesn't look like MQ6 settings carry over. Upon completing the restoration, all settings are carried over except the skin settings, and on the new Kodi, MQ6 tries to run the first time setup again.

Is there another directory I should be having the Backup addon grab in addition to all the normal ones?
You can use the skin's backup and restore settings feature. I just went through this and that's what I had to do
got it, so backup addon, then skin backup, on new machine, use restore, then when it's done, use skin restore.
hm... it doesn't look like MQ6's export feature supports network paths, is this something that can be fixed?
Yes the backup addon is not working with MQ6.How to make Backup addon to be able to work with MQ6?
(2016-01-14, 17:14)marius37bv Wrote: Yes the backup addon is not working with MQ6.How to make Backup addon to be able to work with MQ6?

Why not switch over to a other skin - make your backup with the addon - and then switch back to MQ6?
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2016-01-15, 00:24)OrbS82User Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 17:14)marius37bv Wrote: Yes the backup addon is not working with MQ6.How to make Backup addon to be able to work with MQ6?

Why not switch over to a other skin - make your backup with the addon - and then switch back to MQ6?

OK I will try and is a good idea.Thank You!
Skin don´t have any impact use Backup addon. Better provide your log.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Yes I noticed the same thing. The Kodi backup utility doesn't get the skin settings (or if it gets any, they are not complete). You need to use the skin's backup and restore to migrate them. Also, as far as network paths, I was able to get the backup to work to a network path, but upon restore I was unable to get the restore to work from the same network path. I moved the skin backup text file to the local box and can import the settings just fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup Add-On not working with Aeon MQ60