disabled mouse-bad mistake?
When viewing videos in xmbc.; it's annoying if i hit the mouse wiire, the screen displays menus info etc. So I decided to disable the mouse. I thought i would be okay with keyboard shortcuts..
But I can only get q for que, s for shutdowm, suspend etc etc, the backspace key, the
esccape key to work.
Do I have to uninstall xmbc and reinstall it again?
If I do that from within the xmbc directory or control pane, will it ask me if i want to keep my profile/settings or whatever. If i say yes, am i still going to be in the same boat as regards the xmbc mouse not appearing.
Jus to be a bit more clear. i can acess "videos" option. Then i can see "files.playlists. addons. but i can't highlight any of the actual files. I have tried the arrow keys. But nothing happens.
I can see the actual windows mouse in xmbc if i hit alt/enter/ But it does nothing.
okay. I have solved some Of the problem.
I can move within videos/pictures/programs by holding the shift key and the key corresponding to the first letter of what I'm trying to acess.
so to get to youtube
it would be shft v for videos.then shft y for youtube
then if you want to search for something shft s for search
But that's about it
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keyboard_controls

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117985
Thank you. unfortunately nothing there to bring up sysyem menu or favoutites.
?!
You make be doing something wrong as XBMC is primarily designed for use by a Remote & keyboard shortcuts, using a mouse although possible is not the recommended way. However to answer your question, if you misconfigure something in the gui and simply want to wipe all your settings, go to your Userdata (wiki) folder and delete the guisettings.xml file with XBMC closed and that will return XBMC to defaults when it is next opened.
Oh, dear. it's a pity you didn't see my post sooner. I have completly uninstalled xmbc including the profile and have reinstalled. Oh well, you live and learn.
I should have said, that I am using xmbc on windows.
I think i read somewhere that the xmbc mouse should be looked on as a remote control, and not a mouse. I would all for using the keyboard if i could use it to acess such items as favourites and system
There's the star on the home screen of the default skin (Confluence) that brings up the favorites. It's also pretty easy to turn a spare key into a favorites key using keymaps (wiki). I think <g> isn't used for anything.
Thanks very much. I know about the star thing. The key map seems like a lot of work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disabled mouse-bad mistake?0