OS X Sample Rate mismatch when used with an audio interface
Hello,

I'm a new user and I've ran into a small problem with my audio output settings. I use an external audio interface Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and when I configure XBMC to use this output something is going wrong with the sample rate setting - the audio playback is twice the normal speed and at the standard setting of 44.1 the audio is very choppy and not pleasant to listen to.

If I select the standard built in output the audio works fine, as soon as I switch back to the Pro 40 the audio gets messed up again.

I have tried changing the audio settings to find the correct one but nothing I have tried so far has worked, please can you tell me if this interface is compatible with XBMC and if it is what audio settings I should be using.

Thank you.

XBMC 13.2 64bit
OSX 10.9.4
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Mix Control 3.5
So, I've now downloaded the 14.0 beta to see if that would be any better. The audio is slightly better through the Saffire Pro 40 with 14.0 64bit but it's still not perfect, it seems to be playing a bit too fast and the sound quality is not very good.
And as always: Debug Log needed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://pastebin.com/Njq7drKz

Here's the debug log
Looks not too bad in the log file tbh. Actually i don't see anything wrong. Please try the "fixed" setting and force a samplerate of 48000 for a test.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have retested with the suggested sample rate and the problem is still there, I've also noticed that this issue is present when trying to view video files too. I have linked a debug log where I started playing a music video with the built in output, both the picture and audio were fine, when I changed the audio output to the Saffire Pro 40 interface the sound sped up and the audio quality dropped, also the pictures started to play faster - as if everything was on fast forward.

http://pastebin.com/N6HGXBEa
Hey guys, can I get some help with this please.
did you try some other samplerates aswell? (44100 or 96000 or something) - is there any fixed samplerate that makes it sound normal on this device?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi Memphiz, I have tried all possible sample rate options and output configurations possible with this interface, as well as trying all the different resample quality options and nothing has worked so far.
any possiblilty to borrow that device to me?
i would let you borrow it, but I am in the uk and it looks like you are in germany
I have just tried the 14.0 Helix rc-1 and the problem persists.

I have also contacted Focusrite Support in case the problem lies with the interface.
Well of course it persists. It won't get fixed until i get my hands on the hardware Wink - most problems are those expensive studio sound devices (which i suppose yours is one of those too?). Don't expect it to be fixed for helix (release is around the corner). Thats why i asked if you could borrow it to me Wink
Ok, you are correct, the Saffire Pro 40 is a studio sound device.

It would be logistically difficult to get my unit to you, as well as the fact that I use it on a daily basis for other things not just playing back music files.

I don't know if it's feasible for you to liaise with Focusrite about finding a solution to this? They have been able to replicate the problem which sounds like a sample rate mismatch but as XBMC is unsupported it is not part of their normal testing process.

I do hope there is a way to get this figured out, as XBMC would be a very useful tool to me if I was able to play back music files correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sample Rate mismatch when used with an audio interface0