can't steam any online source
Whenever I try streaming any online source I cannot get it to stream. It either plays for 5 seconds-sometimes only 1 second- then freezes or doesn't even open at all. if it does play for a few seconds I can start it by seeking forward a bit and it will play for another 5 seconds maybe. Most times it wont even open.

This goes for addons in the official xmbc repository and a third party ones. youtube, videodevil, sportsdevil, cbc, I even tried a Jenna Marbles channel and nothing.

tested my comp with speedtest, says I download at 60mbps. I'm lost how to fix this, can anyone help me out?
I ran into this from Ned Scott "Buffer settings for local network sources is coming, but not currently a feature."

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

This link may have some settings you could try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159863

I seem to recall a fix for this way back, but unsure exactly what it was (perhaps a lib), not much help for you I guess, other than 'you are not alone', and searching & digging (Google is your friend) may again reveal this solution. Might try one of the latest nightles, and some of the new advanced settings. The fact that you do get a stream, indicates the flow is there, but something inhibits continuous flo., Stick with the Youtube add-on, which should be well supported here and the servers are quick, use low res settings.. these should play out well. Monitor with a debug log and the OSD tool looking for bottlenecks.
(2014-02-01, 18:32)PatK Wrote: I ran into this from Ned Scott "Buffer settings for local network sources is coming, but not currently a feature."

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ideo_cache

This link may have some settings you could try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159863

I seem to recall a fix for this way back, but unsure exactly what it was (perhaps a lib), not much help for you I guess, other than 'you are not alone', and searching & digging (Google is your friend) may again reveal this solution. Might try one of the latest nightles, and some of the new advanced settings. The fact that you do get a stream, indicates the flow is there, but something inhibits continuous flo., Stick with the Youtube add-on, which should be well supported here and the servers are quick, use low res settings.. these should play out well. Monitor with a debug log and the OSD tool looking for bottlenecks.

I will try this and report back. and It's ok anything helps and may put me in the direction I need to go or at least know what I tried so far.

I was able to stream on my laptop in HD on WIFI so I ruled out my network as being to slow. I'm using Youtube and videodevil to test. One of the main differences is my laptop is windows 7 and comp is windows 8. I really do hope the links you shared will be my answer, I'll let you know how it goes.
So I said I would report back so here it is.

After noticing other weird problems, such as not being able to download a file without it being interrupted and other videos showing similar playback issues in browsers, I decided to reformat my computer and reinstall windows.

Now everything streams perfect, so something was messed up with my windows it seems.

My only problem now is my xmbc seems to freeze and crash a lot now. mostly when I try different streams fast or going through the menus like a maniac.
not sure if this is fixable but in 4years I never had it crash so many times
This is a different issue, but somewhat related, although really should be supported by the 3rd party specific add-on forum or developer. Streaming video in large part (thinking about most of the add-ons that have run afoul of XBMC rules) has forked or segmented from the base XBMC community and are not supported here. To complicate matters, there's a lot of add-ons that are build specific in that what used to run, has not been updated etc. I suggest sticking with add-ons from the XBMC repository to receive support here.

You know the drill, a debug log posted to a past-bin and linked back to a message in the appropriate forum.

Suggestion: disable, remove all the 3rd add-ons and I'll be amazed if you have a crash.... (but this is the time to find out) add each 3rd party add-on one at a time to find your culprit, then go after that dev for your fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't steam any online source0