Jump forward/backward amount different in some shows/movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wakeboarder141 Offline
I have my jump ahead and jump backward times manually set in advanced settings to 5 sec back, 25 sec forward. Certain movie and TV show files I have watched will not adhere to these rules. Sometimes the times are 14 or 17 seconds both forward and backwards. Is there anything I can do with those files or is it something with the way they are encoded? I am using Frodo 12.3 and streaming the files over my Gigabit network from my main PC. Thanks for any help you can provide.
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-03 23:41 by Wakeboarder141.)
find quote
Wakeboarder141 Offline
No one else has experienced files that won't follow the rules?
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
I've seen something like this on very short files, where XBMC seems to change the math for how far forward or back to go. Can you get us a debug log of when this happens?

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
nickr Online
Donor
Also if the file has chapters, things can work differently, you may be going to next chapter?

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the plus button and increase my reputation :)
find quote