No HD audio and picture stutters
We just built an HTPC with an a88x pro asus motherboard and an amd a10 5800k. No separate video card or sound card. When we try playing a master hd movie, the movie stutters very bad and has no audio. On the receiver (anthem mx300) the display only shows as pcm 2.0. If I switch the xbmc audio from hdmi to coaxil then I get sound and the picture is fine but the receiver shows only dts 3/2. I have another htpc same cpu and receiver but I have a gigabyte f2a85x up4. Everything plays fine on that one. Could it be the that the asus motherboard uses realtek audio and the gigabyte doesn't? Please help

Thanks
Have you configure audio output in XBMC as shown in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations?

Make sure to update the latest AMD driver from here too- AMD Driver Autodetect....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
yes to the first question and I will double check the amd driver
AMD drivers are up to date
Are you connecting it this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV using two HDMI cables? I'm not familiar with your Anthem MRX 300 A/V receiver. If there is an option to turn off HDMI audio to TV in AVR settings, you can try to turn it off or disable it. I'm suspecting HTPC is detecting HDTV instead of AVR...
Yes hdmi from htpc to receiver then hdmi to tv. Tv speakers are off
Yes hdmi from htpc to receiver then hdmi to tv. Tv speakers are off
I have the same receiver - in the receiver set-up under 'Video Output Configuration' make sure you have 'resolution' set to 'Auto'. Also in 'Audio/Video Setup and Presets' ensure that 'HDMI Audio Output' is set to AVR and that 'HDMI CEC' is set to 'Off'.

Have a look at this audio troubleshoot guide, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 - a bit more in depth and if you have any questions jjd-uk usually can supply helpful advice and resolution.
Yes its set to auto. I have both recievers settings matched.

Thanks
Yes its set to auto. I have both recievers settings matched.

Thanks
The other difference between the two systems is the one has windows 8 which works and the one that doesnt is using windows 7
(2014-02-02, 08:55)sdecterow Wrote: Yes hdmi from htpc to receiver then hdmi to tv. Tv speakers are off
Is HDMI audio out to TV turned off in Anthem MRX 300 or TV speakers turned off in TV? It have to be off in Anthem MRX 300 settings....

(2014-02-02, 20:49)sdecterow Wrote: the one that doesnt is using windows 7
You might want to disable all playback devices other than AMD HDMI output in Windows 7 control panel too....
(2014-02-02, 22:11)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 08:55)sdecterow Wrote: Yes hdmi from htpc to receiver then hdmi to tv. Tv speakers are off
Is HDMI audio out to TV turned off in Anthem MRX 300 or TV speakers turned off in TV? It have to be off in Anthem MRX 300 settings

'Off' is not an option on the Anthem - as explained in my previous post the one that is required is 'AVR'. The other options are 'AVR, AVR+TV, or TV'. OP has also already advised he has that turned off.
(2014-02-03, 01:04)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 22:11)bluray Wrote:
Is HDMI audio out to TV turned off in Anthem MRX 300 or TV speakers turned off in TV? It have to be off in Anthem MRX 300 settings

'Off' is not an option on the Anthem - as explained in my previous post the one that is required is 'AVR'. The other options are 'AVR, AVR+TV, or TV'. OP has also already advised he has that turned off.
I'm not a 100% certain what he mean by "Tv speakers are off". It seems as he turned off speakers in TV, and there is an option to turn off speakers in TV. It's a lot different than your replied "Also in 'Audio/Video Setup and Presets' ensure that 'HDMI Audio Output' is set to AVR and that 'HDMI CEC' is set to 'Off'.".

I want to know what he really mean by "Tv speakers are off"....
Fail to see the relevance - if as he has already confirmed that the setting is set to 'AVR' then that is where the audio chain stops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HD audio and picture stutters0